A New Romance Already?

The nail polish felt cold as the girl swiped the brush over my nails. I glanced over to Eleanor and she gave me a thumbs up with her free hand along with a grin. I looked up to the clock and saw that it was 3:08PM. I wonder what time the party is.

I’m really hoping that I’ll get meet Ed Sheeran; that’d be awesome!! “Did you want a design after I finish up with the base coats?” asked the Asian girl with a hint of an accent. I couldn’t point out where exactly she was from though. I searched for a name tag and saw that her name was Gin. Sounded like a simple, yet pretty name.

“Hm, I’ll need to think about it.” I let out a quiet giggle and she offered a small smile. “Are you getting a design, El?” Eleanor shrugged and focused on her nails. If only I could just focus on my nails…two certain boys were invading my mind.

*****************

“Oh my gosh! I love your nails! They’re so pretty!” Eleanor gushed to me. I’d gotten all of my nails, except for my ring finger, painted with the navy polish. My ring fingers had the maroon polish with a white heart. “Thanks! I love yours too! They’re sooo cute!”

All of her nails were painted with the teal polish, except for the silver polish that was on her index fingers. Every finger was decorated with black leopard print. “Thank you! Now we’re going back to the house for you to get ready. I already have a dress in my car that I’m going to wear.” I smiled widely as I got into her car. “Is it formal or just like party dresses?” She put her keys in the ignition and turned the radio to a decent volume. “Um I think we’re just wearing party dresses. You have some right?”

I thought back to when I was choosing a dress for my first date with Niall. Maybe the sequined, red dress could work? I also have some silver heels that would look good with it. “Yep, I already know what I’m going to wear.” I pulled out my phone and saw that I had a text from Harry. Woah, that’s weird…and scary. I opened the text and read it carefully.

From: Hazzasthebest! ~ Sorry about earlier. I shouldn’t have reacted like that. I’m meeting up with Ashley now. I’ll call and tell you how it goes later, bye.

Eleanor tried leaning over to see my text, but I playfully shoved her away and told her to focus on driving. “Who’s it from?” She smirked as she stopped at the stop light and looked at me. “Harry; he said that he’s sorry and he’s going to see Ashley right now.”

I nervously chewed on my lip just thinking about what would happen. I’d explained everything in detail to Eleanor while we were getting our nails done. Gin kept glancing at me a couple times when I told Eleanor about being confused between Niall and Harry. I really hope she doesn’t recognize me…oh god who am I kidding? She probably knew me as “Niall’s girlfriend”. That’s right; none of the fans know about the breakup. I silently thanked Niall in my head for not revealing that disaster.

“Well, I guess if we see Harry with a black eye, we shouldn’t be surprised. I’m worried for you, Lily. How do you think Ashley’s going to act towards you?” I had been thinking about that for a while now. It’s freaking me out! “I don’t even want to think about it now.” It made me feel almost sick.

My phone began buzzing and I saw that Harry was calling me. It wasn’t even 15 minutes since he sent me the text! My eyes flickered over to Eleanor and she gave me a quick nod to answer as the stop light turned green. “Hello?” I said shakily. “She wants to talk to you.”

Oh. My. God. “What did she say to you though?” I speedily demanded. “She’s so upset, Lily. I can’t believe I’m so heartless and cruel. She deserves someone better.” I heard Harry sniffling and I frowned, feeling bad for him, even though it was technically his fault.