Already Lost Me

(It’s back to Lily’s P.O.V.)

I opened my eyes and saw our house approaching. I glanced up and Niall was still awake, holding me while my head lay on his lap. “We’re almost home.” He murmured and brushed his hand across my cheek. I smiled and sat up straight, but I still leaned on his shoulder.

“How long ago did I text Liam?” I don’t even know what time it is. “Maybe around half an hour ago.” I nodded and closed my eyes. A few seconds later, the limo stopped and Niall kissed my cheek. “Let’s go, love.” He held my hand and we went up to the door.

“Are they still awake? What time is it?” He brought out his phone and glanced down. “It’s 10; they should be awake still, except for maybe Zayn.”

I loudly knocked on the door and waited. Liam opened it and pulled us inside. I hugged him and his face looked distressed. “Liam, what’s wrong?” “Well…” Niall stopped him by literally running to the kitchen. He came back and grinned, “All the food is still there, so it must not be too bad.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed. Liam stood there with his face still troubled. “Okay, now seriously…what happened? Did something happen to Zayn?!” “No, it’s management.” Liam choked out.

“What about them?” I didn’t understand what he was talking about. We haven’t heard from them in a while. Well, the boys do have a concert in a couple weeks. Maybe they have to practice or something? Liam wouldn’t be this upset though.

“They want you and Niall to break up.” Did I hear him correctly? That can’t be true. “You have to be joking.” Niall laughed nervously but Liam’s expression didn’t change. “I wish I was. I can show you the text. They don’t want you guys together. They said it will ruin your career, Niall.” “I’m not listening to them. I guess I’ll just quit One Direction. I will never leave Lily.”

I knew I had to make a hard decision. This was all my fault and I needed to make it right. Quitting would mess up Niall’s life. “I’ll leave.” I barged into my room and went to my closet. Niall quickly followed me and I felt his arms around me. “I’m not letting you go.” “You can’t quit One Direction! Think of all the fans! If I leave, everything will be better for you.”

“How will breaking my heart make everything better for me?! I love you and I don’t want to be without you.” I kissed his cheek and turned back around. “I love you too, Niall. I just can’t do this to you and the rest of the boys. Maybe I could move all my stuff out by Wednesday.”

I planned everything in my head while he sat on my floor completely silent. I grabbed my suit cases from the top shelves and threw them in front of me. I don’t know if I can take this. I slumped to the ground and cried softly, covering my face with my hands. Something's always trying to break us apart.

“I would do anything to stay with you. We could talk to them and figure this out. Please, don’t go.” Niall pleaded. He sat beside me and made me lay in his lap. “It’s my fault. We should’ve just stayed friends and I shouldn’t have moved here.” I knew those words would break him, like they broke me. “Don’t say that, because you don’t mean it.” I got up and moved away from him. “I do mean it. I shouldn’t be here.”

He gasped and didn’t know what to say. I started packing my clothes and shoes. He slowly left the room and I felt the tears come back. I would have to go to school, but when the day was over, I would continue packing. I made a plan and decided I was tired.

Lying in my bed without him made me feel empty. I was so used to him snuggling up next to me, and then I’d smile and sleep. Tonight, I’d probably just lie awake for hours until I eventually cried myself to sleep. What am I doing? I'm being so dramatic, but I'm also just concerned. Management has always been so serious about everything. I'll fix this.