Chapter 10

So sorry it's taken me so long to update! I promise this chapter is worth it! Kind of short though. Song: Crazy In Love (Cover) by Sofia Karlberg. Enjoy xoxo

I met Evan in the parking lot after school. He looked tired, but happy at the same time.

"How was your test?" I put my arm around his waist. We were walking to my car.

He returned the gesture and put his arm around my shoulders. "I think I passed."

"That's great." I smiled.

"Want to go to dinner tonight?" Evan asked me.

"Okay, yeah." I smiled.

"Where to?"

I shrugged. "You pick."

"What about the Marlowe?" Evan suggested.

"Yeah. That's fine." I smiled.

I stopped in front of my car and leaned against the hood. Evan took my hand and stepped closer to me. He got really close to my face, and he kissed me. Our first kiss as a couple. I imagined it different, maybe a little more romantic, but oh god, he was mesmerizing. He was gorgeous and kind and dark. He could make anything romantic no matter what.

Evan grabbed my face with his hands and my hands automatically went to his hair. He continued kissing me, and I kissed him back willingly. Evan was beyond perfect. His hair, his eyes, his teeth, his lips, his personality, his touch, his voice, his everything.

Evan softly kissed my lips one last time, and pulled away. I frowned.

"What?" Evan smirked.

"Nothing."

"You want another kiss?" Evan chuckled.

I smiled.

Evan pecked my lips quickly. "Drive safe, ok? I'll pick you up at 6."

I nodded. "Bye."

Evan walked off to his car, and I got into mine and drove home.

~

I put on a soft white t-shirt and black skinny jeans with black converse. I didn't think that the restaurant we were going to was formal.

Evan arrived just on time. My mom told him to have me back by 9, and we were off. We got to the restaurant and Evan, being the gentleman he is, opened my door for me and took me by the hand.

We got a table and ordered our food.

"So, today after you left to take your test, Angelina came and sat by me." I explained to Evan.

He looked up. "And?"

"She was just talking to me."

"About what?" He furied his eyebrows.

I shrugged. "School."

"Yeah, right. I don't believe Angelina would ever talk about school."

"Fine. We were talking about you." I said.

"We?" He questioned as if disappointed in me.

"Her. She talked, I listened."

"What did she say?" Evan moved around. He was getting uncomfortable with this conversation.

"Just that, you guys dated and stuff." I took a drink of my water.

"And stuff?" He squinted his eyes.

"Yeah." I wanted so badly to know if what Angelina said was true. I wanted to ask him, but I feel like he should tell me. But then again, I shouldn't be keeping things for him.

After a moment of silence, I broke. "She was telling me about your past and why you moved here."

Evan didn't say anything. He just looked at me.

"But I don't believe what she said, I wanted to ask you. I mean, if you don't want to tell me then that's fine, I don't mind." I explained.

Evan nodded. "It's just hard to explain."

The rest of the dinner was silent. Evan paid the bill, and we left. Although, in the car ride home, my favorite song came on the radio. I couldn't help but sing along. Then Evan put his hand on my thigh, and started singing along too. And this night had already gotten better.

Until the car jerked, and the last thing I saw was a bright light.