Chapter 40

This chapter is really short. So I apologize for that! So... I'm thinking of changing the cover of this story? Let me know your thoughts on that, please!
Song: Berlin - RY X
enjoy xoxoxo

"Evan, I just need to go to bed. I need to think things over." Evan got out of the car and followed me to the front door.

"What do you need to think over, Aurora?" Evan asked. He was beginning to raise his voice.

"Everything!" I threw my hands in the air.

I finally opened the door with my keys, and stepped inside.

"I'm sorry. I just need to think. Goodnight." I shrugged.

"This isn't over," Evan quietly said. "What happened tonight? We were fine this afternoon."

"You and Jessy happened." I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Aurora." Evan said.

"Well, I'm sorry too." I gulped. I really didn't want to fight with him, we just made up.

"I was being stupid, ok? I admit it! And I'm so sorry for hurting you, I didn't mean to do that." Evan looked up at me.

I nodded. "I know. Evan, tonight, was honestly kind of hell. It was supposed to be just you and I. Not you and I and Jessy and Taylor. You completely ignored me the whole time, and it hurt. A lot. And I saw the way you looked at her, Evan. I was quiet, but I was not blind."

Evan shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"You still love her." I could feel the tears welling in my eyes.

"Aurora, it's you. It's been you for the past few months. Since the moment we started talking. I fell for you, and your thoughts, your mind. The way you said my name, how you make me completely and utterly speechless. I ache to be inside your mind, hear the whisper of your every thought, get lost in your deepest desires. And I want you. I want you lying down next to me, caressing the soft curves of my face, running your fingers down my back. I fell for you, I ache for you, and I want you. I love you, and only you, Aurora Fawcett. Why is that so hard to believe?"

I could feel tears running down my cheeks. I faintly smiled, and wiped the tears away. I grabbed Evan's face and kissed him hard on his soft lips. He kissed me back, and I could feel sparks flying. It was unlike any other kiss we've ever had.

I pulled him inside, and Evan closed the door behind him. I pushed him against the door and kissed him on his lips, his cheeks, and his neck. He quickly took off his tie, and I buttoned his shirt.

Evan grabbed my wrist. "Aurora-"

I looked into his eyes.

"I don't think we should-"

"I just want to love you." I chuckled and kissed his neck.

"I know."

"Stay the night?" I made a puppy dog face.

Evan chuckled and nodded. I took his hand and led him to my room. I changed into an oversized t-shirt and got into bed. Evan stripped to his boxers.

"Evan?" I turned, facing him.

"Yes?"

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too."