Chapter 41

Enjoy this chapter xoxo. Song: Billie Holiday (Warpaint)
Comment & vote (;

Christmas was okay, I guess. I made breakfast on Christmas morning for my mom, Adam and I. They came over and I showed my mom around, then we ate breakfast.

"So, how have you been?" Mom asked, taking a bite of her toast.

I shrugged. "I've been okay."

"Aurora, I met someone." She quickly added.

"What do you mean? Like, a friend? Or a boyfriend?" I squinted my eyes.

"A, um, boyfriend." She said.

"Oh."

What the hell? A boyfriend?

We finished eating in silence, then opened gifts. My mom got me a fancy cook book and a new wooden cutting board, along with a set of knives. Adam got me a $15 gift card to Forever 21, and $15 to Wet Seal. I got my mom a few new kitchen towels, and some new candles. I got Adam a book about football, and a gift card to Target so he could get whatever he wanted.

I made Christmas Dinner and had Evan, Holly and Drew over. We ate, then opened gifts. I got Holly cupcake flavored toothpaste, which I thought would be funny, and a nail art kit. I got Drew a gift card to Subway, because I didn't even know where he liked to go or what he liked besides alcohol. I got Evan a gift card to Hot Topic, so he could get some more band tees, and I was going to deliver he news about him moving in with me. Well, because, I had the space, and he needed a place.

"Evan? Can I talk to you, in the kitchen please?" I looked at him, after he opened his gift card.

He nodded, and followed me into the kitchen.

"What's up?" He looked at me.

"Well, I have another gift for you." I faintly smiled.

Evan stared at me.

"Evan, I want you to move in with me. I mean, only if you want to. I know that since your parents are splitting, then this might be easier for you." I shrugged.

"Are you serious?" He had excitement in his face.

I nodded. "Of course! I want you to move in."

"I want to, too." Evan smiled.

"Really?"

"Yes," Evan gave me a hug. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome," I smiled. "When do you, uh, want to move in?"

Evan shrugged. "Whenever is fine with you."

"How about tomorrow? If you're ready." I suggested.

Evan nodded. "Sure."

"I'll drive over in the morning and we can start packing your stuff?"

"Sounds like a plan."

______

In the morning, I drove to Evan's house. When I knocked on the door, Beth answered.

"Good morning, dear, come in. There's some coffee in the kitchen if you'd like some." She smiled, and gestured me inside.

"Thank you." I stepped inside and followed Beth to the kitchen.

"So, Evan's moving in with you?" Beth asked, pouring a cup of coffee for me.

I happily took the cup of coffee and took a sip, nodding my head.

"And you guys are going to be ok, right?" She looked kind of concerned, but something also told me that she was fine with it.

"Yes. You're more than welcome to come over and see my apartment. It's on the beach." I smiled.

"Really? I'd love to."

"Great! Um, you can ride with me over there, after we pack Evan's things?" I asked.

Beth changed the subject. "Oh, honey, Evan is so crazy about you."

I blushed. "Oh."

"He's talks about you all of the time." She smiled.

I smiled back at her. "That's great."

"I just want to know, and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but have you and Evan y'know, done things?" Her smile turned into a straight face.

I giggled. "No, and we don't plan to."

"Okay, dear." She smiled.

"I just thought because of you and John splitting, that it might be easier for Evan to kind of, have his space, and still continue to go to school here, because I knew that one of you guys were moving?"

"Yes, I agree," Beth smiled. "Does he like school out here?"

"I think so. From what I've noticed."

Evan walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cup for coffee, and kissing me on the cheek.

"Morning." He said.

"Morning." I smiled.

I watched Evan carefully pour a cup of coffee. "Well, let's go get packing?"

I nodded and followed Evan to his room.

We packed all of his clothes and books, and whatever else he needed while staying with me. Some stuff we didn't bring, like his bed, and a bookshelf. We brought his dresser though, so he could put his clothes in it.

We unloaded everything, with Beth's help, when we got to my house. I showed Beth around, and she even helped unpack some things.

"Well, I've got to get back home and finish some paper work." Beth said.

"I'll drive you home, mom." Evan replied.

"Thank you, baby." She smiled and I followed her and Evan out to the car.

She gave me a hug, and looked me in the eyes. "Now, you take care of my boy, Aurora. I trust you."

I nodded. "Of course."