Chapter 9

Song: Hold On We're Going Home (Cover) By: Arctic Monkeys
Chapter gets better towards the end. Xoxo :) enjoy

I was the first one awake. The smell of rain filled my room, as I forgot to close my bedroom window.

I decided to light an apple scented candle. It smelt so good.

I took a shower, then woke Holly up.

I was so excited to see Evan today. It was just exciting thinking about our relationship. The girl next door meets the bad boy. Perfect!

I put on jeans and an oversized black tee-shirt, with my black converse. I put my hair in a pony tail and lightly did my makeup.

Holly and I had different styles. She was more girly and elegant, and I was more grunge lazy. Holly was wearing a white and black striped shirt with creme colored pants and black toms. She also added a black cardigan. I had to admit, I loved the outfit.

We got to Sally's Pancakes around 9:15. Early.

Holly and I decided to go inside at 9:25.

"How many?" The extremely attractive waiter asked.

"Four. We're waiting for two others." Holly smiled.

He led us to the a table and Holly and I ordered hot chocolates.

Evan arrived first, then Drew followed behind.

"So, Evan this is Drew," I looked at them both. "Drew this is Evan."

"Nice to meet you." Drew held out his hand.

"You too." Evan shook his hand.

Evan and Drew hit it off. It was great. They talked about everything. I actually had never seen Evan open up like that before. I've never seen him talk that much.

Drew had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He looked like he went surfing everyday. He had a light tan, and was wearing jeans and a tee-shirt.

I was shaken out of my thoughts when Evan lightly placed his hand on my thigh. He began rubbing circles on my leg with his thumb.

The cute waiter came back to our table. "I'm Olly, I'll be taking care of you folks today. What can I get you guys to eat?"

We all ordered and got our food and ate. I had to admit, it was nice to be with someone. And I don't mean someone like my best friend. I mean like, be with someone. A boyfriend.

***

The next day at school, Evan held my hand in the halls. He was showing me off, and it felt nice.

We walked to the coffee shop for lunch, his arm around my shoulders.

We ordered coffee and bagels when we got there.

"Usually, they don't have good berry flavored cream cheeses. But today they have blackberry cream cheese and it's to die for! It's so good!" I looked at Evan.

"Then I'll have to try it." He smirked.

"Here, try mine." I slid my bagel towards him and he took a bite.

"Oh, that is really good."

"Told ya." I winked.

Evan looked at his watch. "Shoot. I was supposed to take a test during lunch."

"Go take it now." I took a drink of my coffee.

He shook his head. "No, it's fine."

"Evan, just go take it. I'll be fine." I smiled.

"You sure?" He furied his eyebrows.

I nodded. "Yep."

Evan stood up and leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. "I'll see you after school?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

About 10 minutes after Evan left, Angelina walked in.

She decided she'd sit across from me. "So I heard that you and Evan are dating."

I nodded.

"Well, just be careful."

"What do you mean?" I looked at her.

"Andrea, he's a jerk."

"It's Aurora." I corrected her. She always seemed to get my name wrong.

"Right, Aurora. Sorry. Anyways, did he tell you why he moved here this summer?" She asked.

"No."

"Well, I probably shouldn't be the one to tell you this, but his dad is an alcoholic and his parents always fought and Evan got into a lot of trouble at his old school. So they decided to move, thinking Evan would get better." She explained.

"What kind of trouble?" I asked. I could not believe I was letting Angelina tell me this. Technically I shouldn't be letting her, I should just let Evan tell me when he's ready. But then again, what if what she was saying wasn't true?

"Drinking, partying, drugs." She raised her eyebrows.

"How do you know all of this?" I squinted my eyes.

"Listen, Evan and I dated over the summer when he first moved here. He told me everything. And I mean, everything."

I nodded. "Oh."

"Yeah, then he betrayed me and got together with some other girl while I was dating him too. What a jerk."

I shrugged. "Anyways."

"Just be careful, will you? We don't need him hurting every girl in town. I'm sure it would happen," Angelina stood up. "Keep in touch?"

"Sure." I nodded.

It was alot to take in. Evan cheated? His dad was an alcoholic? Evan did drugs? Drank alcohol? And went to parties? I was a senior in high school, and I had never been to a party. But then again, Evan was alot more popular than me. So that explained that.

And for the rest of the day, several different thoughts swarmed my head.