Chapter 55

Hey everyone! Kinda long chapter? Idk, not really. Anyways, enjoy and comment and vote :) song: wasted time (Vance joy remix)

"Evan!" I yelled down the hall. I was standing in the living room, waiting for Evan. We were about to leave to go to Applebee's, and we were late already.

"I'm coming!" Evan yelled back, running out of our bedroom, while buttoning his pants.

I grabbed the car keys off of the counter and walked out of the door, then making sure Evan locked the door behind him.

We got to Applebee's and everyone was already waiting for us. As soon as we got to the table, my moms boyfriend stood up and reached out his hand to shake mine and Evan's.

"I'm Willy. It's good to finally meet you! I've heard so much about you." Willy had a deep voice, and was tall. He had brown hair and was wearing what looked like really expensive clothes. We were just at Applebee's for goodness sake.

"I'm Aurora. I've heard a lot about you, too." I smiled.

"I'm Evan, nice to meet you." Evan smiled, and we sat down.

"So, how are you guys doing?" Mom looked at Evan and I.

"Good, we're doing good, Mrs. Fawcett." Evan smiled.

"Oh, please, Evan. Call me Alisha." Mom smiled at him. This was like, the first time in a long time she's gotten along with him.

"We're doing good, Alisha." Evan faintly laughed.

We ordered our food and ate, and Adam talked about school, and the track team, and his friends.

We got home around 9pm, and I crawled into bed, cuddling with Evan.

"Thank you." I put my head on his stomach.

"For what?" He asked, stroking my hair.

"Being nice to my mom." I lightly smiled.

"Oh, that's not a hard thing to do, Aurora," He chuckled. "She's lovely."

I shrugged. "I guess."

"Goodnight, Aurora." Evan chuckled again, and kissed my head.

"Night."

~

I woke up to my phone ringing. I noticed Evan was gone.

"Hello?"

"Aurora, hey." Evan was on the other line.

"Hey, where are you?" I rubbed my eyes.

"Oh, Drew had some kind of emergency. I'm on my way to his house." He replied.

"Oh, what kind of emergency?" I asked.

"No idea, yet."

"Oh. Hm."

"Well I'll call you in a bit, ok? Go back to sleep." Evan giggled.

"Okay, bye." I laughed.

Around 5pm, I got a phone call. It was Drew.

"Hello?"

"Aurora! Hey, I'm picking you up in an hour. Wear something nice!" Drew said.

"Um, okay," I stood up. "Where are we going? Is Evan going?"

"It's a surprise. I can't tell you anymore, sorry."

"Why not?" I pouted.

"Goodbye, Aurora." Drew laughed.

I went and took a shower, curled my hair, did my makeup, and changed into my favorite deep purple cocktail dress. And of course, Drew picked me up.

"Where are we going?" I put on my seatbelt in his car.

Drew stayed silent, and turned up the radio, tuning me out.

After awhile, Drew finally piped up. "Alright, here's the deal... I'm your driver tonight, so, I take you anywhere you need to go. Go inside and ask for Peters."

I looked out the window. We were at the Addison. Where Evan and I had our first date. Confused, I stepped out of the car, and walked inside. I was greeted by a waiter inside, who asked for my reservations.

"Peters." I gulped.

"Oh!" The waiter shuffled around, then handed me a folded piece of paper.

"Um, thanks." I squinted my eyes.

I opened the folded note, and saw Evan's handwriting.

Aurora,
Your mother and I talked about things.
Go see her.

I walked back out to Drew's car and got inside.

"Um, to my old house, I guess." I said. I was getting eager. What was Evan up to?

"Drew," I broke the silence. "What's going on?"

"Aurora," He sighed. "You'll see."