Chapter 43

Hey everyone! So! I might be starting a new story TONIGHT! I need to organize all of my ideas first though. So it might be tomorrow. Not exactly sure yet! And I might cancel my Cameron Dallas story, if any of you guys read that. Or I might out it on hold. But my new story is going to be an Evan Peters story as well! So I hope you all enjoy. And enjoy this chapter too xoxo
Song: Holocene (Bon Iver)

Within the next few days, we were back at school. Everything was going fine, until one day after school. Evan was out getting groceries, and I was at home, cleaning up a bit.

It was my mom. I hesitated to answer, but I did anyways.

"Hello?"

"Aurora, honey, are you busy?" She seemed really skittish, even though I couldn't see her actions.

"Um, no, not really. What's up?" I stood up from the floor.

"I think we need to talk about something, Aurora." Mom seemed concerned.

"Is everything ok?"

"No, Aurora."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I think we need to discuss this in person." She said.

"Um, I'll come over, ok?" I grabbed my keys off of the counter.

"Ok, see you then, bye." She hung up.

I left Evan a note, telling him where I was going. And left.

When I got over to my moms house, it smelt like lavender. She always loved lavender. No matter what it was. Perfume, candles, or dryer sheets. I saw her sitting on at the kitchen counter, silently crying into her hands.

"What's wrong?" I sat next to her.

She looked up at me, startled that I had gotten there so quick. "Aurora." She took me into a hug, and cried into my shoulder. This was the first time in a long time that we had been getting along.

"It's Adam." She said.

"What about him?"

"He'a been diagnosed with leukemia." She cried.

"Oh my god, where is he right now?" I could feel the tears welling in my eyes.

"He's at chemo. They just started it today. I called you when I was on my way home."

I hugged her again. "Everything is going to be okay."

She nodded. "But right now it's not."

____

That night, I stayed over for dinner. And when Adam came home, he didn't look like his normal self. He looked tired, and scared. He didn't talk to me much, and I knew why. He didn't want mom to tell me about it. But she did anyways.

"Mom?" I asked. She was cleaning up the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"When did you find out about this?"

"Today." She said.

"When did all of this start?"

"A few weeks ago. He said he felt sick, and he was dropping weight terribly. I took him into the doctors, and they drew blood. Today, they called us in, and delivered the news, then he started his first therapy treatment." She explained.

"Well listen, I'm here if he ever needs a ride or anything. I feel like, it's the least I could do."

"Thanks, dear."

I nodded. "So, how is chemo going to work?"

"Well," She took a deep breath. "He's going to lose all of his hair. And it will probably make him tired and even more sick."

"Then why are you doing it?" I frowned.

"The doctor said that he's only going to feel like that for a little while. Then he'll go back to his old self."

I shook my head. "He's never going to go back to him old self."

"I know. It's just so hard right now, to even process this." She replied.

"I know."

"They said it might be hereditary, but they really can't tell." Mom gulped.

"Oh. Didn't Great Grandma Jean have it?" I asked.

"Yes."

Mom finished cleaning up, and I said my goodbyes to her and Adam. This was going to be one wild ride.