Chapter 3

'I wanna be yours' by Arctic Monkeys is this theme song. Play it now! Enjoy. Xoxo this chapter is longer!

When I got to Journalism, Holly was already there. She was leaning against a table and talking to Gina Walters at the same time.

I went and sat down at a table towards the back, and Holly quickly walked over.

"Holly, you're not going to believe what happened last period." I smiled.

"What happened?" She sat down.

"Evan Peters," I took a deep breath.

"Evan Peters what?" Someone inturrupted me.

I slowly turned around. Evan was standing over me, grinning.

Holly's eyes got big and she broke the silence. "Are you in this class Evan?" 

He nodded. "As a matter of fact, I am."

"You can sit with us if you'd like." Holly offered. I could do nothing but stay quiet.

"Thank you Holly." Evan sat down.

"So how's your first day?" Holly turned towards Evan. I was sitting in the middle, and Evan was to my left, Holly to my right.

"Its," Evan looked at me and smiled. "Good."

"Stop it." I said.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Don't look at me like that."

"What am I looking at you like?" He seemed confused, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

"You're just doing that thing, where your eyes sparkle, and your skin glows, and your smile is perfect." I crossed my arms and turned, facing forward.

Evan lightly laughed. His laugh was perfect.

Mrs. Matthews walked in. She was wearing a red dress and a black cardigan. Her hair was up in a perfect bun, and she looked about 10 years younger than she did last year.

"Good morning everyone! It's so great to see some familiar faces in this class. I'm glad you're all taking Journalism. I'm Mrs. Matthews to all of you that don't know." She smiled and took attendence.

During a class rules lecture, Holly passed me a note.

What happened with Evan?

I quickly scratched down a reply and passed it back to her.

Nothing really, actually.

Holly sighed and scribbled something down in her perfect handwriting.

Obviously something! You have to tell me. Do you like him?

I looked at her and shrugged my shoulders.

"I decided to do something new this year," Mrs. Matthews handed out an assignment. "You must find 3 other people, and find out 3 things about those three people! Then write it down and your first assignment is done."

"Can I know three things about you, Aurora?" Evan turned towards me.

"Sure," I paused as he wrote down my name in the first column. "My full name is Aurora Ashton Fawcett. I am 17 years old. And I live with my mom and my brother."

Evan smiled and wrote down the three facts about me. He looked up and studied my face for a second. "Should I write that you're gorgeous too?"

I blushed and looked down, beginning to write his name in the first column. "Your turn."