Chapter 13

Song: Burning Desire
By: Lana Del Rey ❤️❤️❤️ enjoy this chapter
Vote & comment!

"What are you doing here, Levi?" I sat down on the hospital bed. I grabbed my ribs, as it hurt to sit down.

"I wanted to see you. And I brought you flowers." Levi was holding a bouquet of yellow and pink tulips and daisies. I hated yellow and pink.

"Gee, thanks." I threw him a fake smile, to let him know I was annoyed with him.

Levi Feds and I broke up on the last day of school. We dated for the whole year. He was a popular jock, and I was just a loser, that he wanted to use to make someone jealous. He broke up with me because "things didn't feel right", when in reality, his precious, pretty, bitchy ex-girlfriend came back to him. Caitlyn Garcia. And her long, waist length black hair, and her thick, defined winged eyeliner, and her perfect clothes, and perfect teeth, and perfect body.

"Listen, Aurora," Levi stood up. His brown hair was spiked perfectly, like it normally was. "I think I made a mistake, this summer."

"You think?" I was angry. I was so angry. I wanted to stand up and punch him. I could never though.

"I just," He gulped. "I needed to see you."

"Why? I don't need to see you." I frowned.

"Aurora, I love you." Levi sadly said.

"N-no." I shook my head. This isn't happening.

"Yes, Aurora. Seeing you with Evan, or whatever his name is, made me finally realize it! Aurora, I love you. I love you so much. And I miss you. And I can't keep it to myself anymore." Levi explained.

"This isn't happening."

"Let it happen."

"Get out." I said softly.

"Aurora, I'm not leaving." Levi said.

"Get out!" I screeched at the top of my lungs.

Levi grabbed me. "No, Aurora!"

"Let go of me!" I threw my arms around, as it hurt to move that much.

A hard, stinging feeling hit me in the face. Levi slapped me.

"Shut up and listen to me!" Levi yelled.

I grabbed my cheek in pain and tears began filling my eyes. I had never seen Levi like this before.

"Aurora, I love you. I love you so much that it physically and mentally hurts. And when I see you with Evan, it hurts. And I'll do whatever I have to do to get you back. And if that means bringing him down, then that's what it's going to have to be." Levi had tears in his eyes.

I stayed silent, hoping that Levi would leave, but he stayed. My hand slowly and quietly reached towards the 'help' button. I quickly pressed it. Gosh, I was so happy this button existed.

Almost immediately, a nurse entered the room. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine." Levi answered.

"No." I managed to say while shaking my head.

And that's when the nurse noticed the bright red hand mark on my face. She frowned.

"I think it's time for you to go, sir." She said, sternly.

Levi nodded and left.

"What happened, Aurora?" The nurse asked.

"N-nothing." I slid down, so I was laying down on the bed. I lifted my arms and examined my wrists, only to find marks from Levi's fingers from when he grabbed me.

"Did that boy hurt you, Aurora?" She asked again.

I looked at her. Her name tag said Jackie. "No, Nurse Jackie."

"Then what happened to your face, and your wrists?" She looked worried.

Before I could say anything, she pulled out a cotton swab and some peroxide and began dabbing my cheek.

I yelped in pain.

"Yep, that's a fresh wound," Nurse Jackie said. "Plus, it's a hand mark. I know he hit you, Aurora."

I shook my head. Levi was perfect. Why would he ever hit someone? A girl even? It was too hard to believe. And it was my fault he did hit me. I made him upset. But it was just an accident. He didn't mean to.

"Aurora, technically I'm supposed to say something if something like this happens." Nurse Jackie explained.

"He didn't mean to do it. I don't know what has gotten into him." I looked down.

"I'm sorry, but for the rest of your stay, I need to move you to a different floor, where visitors must check in when they come to see you. And that boy is most definitely not aloud to visit you."

"You can't do that." I said.

"Yes, as a Nurse, I must report violence if I witness it. And this is considered domestic abuse, Aurora. Even if he isn't your boyfriend now, he was once your partner, right?" She questioned.

I nodded.

"Trust me, everything will be okay," She gathered some things. "C'mon, I'll check you into your new room."