Chapter 37

This is kinda short... I have a major headache right now. But anyways, I'm gonna try to update a lot today!
Song: Do I Wanna Know (Hozier cover)
Enjoy xoxo :)

Holly and I were sitting on my living room floor, watching a movie when my phone rang. Evan's caller ID popped up on my phone.

"Answer it!" Holly screamed.

I sighed and clicked 'answer'.

"Hello?"

"Aurora."

"Hey." I gulped.

"Can we talk? Please?" Evan asked.

I looked at Holly for what to do. She quickly nodded her head.

"Um, yeah." I said.

"In person." He gulped.

"That's fine."

"Come over at 4, yeah?" Evan seemed hopeful.

"Okay." I hung up.

"Well, what did he say?" Holly asked.

"I'm going over there at 4, to talk."

"Good!" Holly raised her voice.

4pm rolled around, and I drove myself over to Evan's. He politely answered the door, and gestured for me to come in. His eyes were red and puffy, like he had been crying. And I noticed his knuckles, which were red, like he had just punched the wall or something.

"Where's your parents?" I asked.

"Well, um, they're still fighting, but um, they both went out of town this weekend. Mom went into Hollywood, and dad drove to Las Vegas." He stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Oh." Was all I could manage to say.

"Sit," Evan gestured. I sat on the couch, Evan sat next to me.

"So." I broke the silence.

"I'm sorry, Aurora." Evan said.

"Evan-"

"Let me explain, please." He looked at me.

I quietly nodded my head, waiting for him to have a good explanation for what happened last night.

"I was drunk, Aurora, and she was too. And I'm so sorry you had to see me like that, and with her, and just, everything. I'm so sorry." He said.

I nodded. "I hooked up with someone that night, too."

"W-what?" He seemed hurt.

"Oh, that hurt? Sorry," I rolled my eyes. "Imagine how I felt."

Ok, Conrad and I didn't exactly hook up, but we almost did.

"I'm sorry." Evan said.

I got teary-eyed. "Me too."

I slid closer to Evan. He put his hand on my thigh.

"Apology accepted." Evan said.

I stared into his eyes, then kissed his lips passionately. I missed him so much. His hand traveled up my body, and he held my face, while kissing me back. We had a steamy make out session, and it felt so good.

I stopped him before him or I got the temptation of beginning to remove our clothes.

"Let's go do something." I bit my lip and kissed him once of the lips.

"Like what?" He smirked.

"Like, I don't know, let's go to my place, then the beach or something. I'll make lunch." I offered.

Evan and I got to my house and I made turkey and cheese sandwiches. Then Evan and I hung out on the beach. We searched for shells for awhile, then laid in the sand, looking up at the clouds, trying to figure out what shape each one made.

And even though Evan and I just made up, it felt like something wasn't right. Like something was holding him or I back. I just couldn't figure out what it was.