Chapter 5

Long chapter! Song: Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Iron and Wine) "Wedding Version". I'm not a big fan of the wedding version of this song, I like the original better. Check out the original too!
Enjoy this chapter xoxo

Evan and I barely talked today. We didn't go get lunch together. We didn't talk during class. Not that I expected it to be different. It's not like I was dating Evan.

I got home around 4 o'clock, expecting my mom to be home, but she wasn't.  I was going to tell her about Evan, but she wasn't home.

I curled my hair and put it into a pony tail, with a bow at the top. I did my makeup really nice and put on a short red skater dress and black heels to match my bow. And I sprayed my favorite French Perfume on, Chanel No. 5.

I had to admit - I didn't look like I do at school. I actually looked nice.

I went downstairs and wrote Mom and Adam a note.

Going out. I'll be back before curfew. Call me if you need anything.
-Aurora

I wasn't sure why Adam was gone. Maybe he went out too.

At 7, Evan arrived just on time. He knocked on the door. I answered it. Evan was wearing a suit. Not a wedding type suit, but I nice suit.

"Hi." I faintly smiled.

Evan's eyes got big. "Aurora, you look beautiful."

"Thank you."

Evan nodded. "Shall we?" He held out his arm. I linked my arm with his and he led me to his car. He opened the door for me and I got in. He had a nice car, it was an older Camaro. Probably a '75.

"So where are we going?" I asked him as he got into the car.

"What's your curfew?" He asked.

"Well since it's a school night, 9."

Evan nodded and began driving. "We're going go dinner."

"Oh, where?" I looked at him.

"It's a surprise." He faintly smiled.

"Oh, I like surprises."

Evan turned his head and looked at me.

"Don't look at me, look at the road!" I giggled.

We got to the restaurant. I had only been here with my dad once before. It was the Addison at the Grand Del Mar. The Grand Del Mar was a 5 star hotel, with a 5 star restaurant inside of it. I had never actually stayed at the hotel because it was expensive. But I've eaten at the restaurant.

Evan opened the door me and we walked in.

"Evan, this is beautiful!" I looked around. The lights were purple, but not all of them. It was insanely gorgeous.

"Reservations, sir?" The male waiter standing at the podium asked.

"Peters." Evan grabbed my hand is if we were dating. But we weren't.

"Ah, right this way Mr. and Mrs. Peters." The waiter said.

I looked at Evan and giggled. Evan gestured me to walk first, so I did. We followed the waiter to our table. There was barely anybody there, maybe three other tables were taken.

Evan and I sat down and the waiter brought us some kind of fancy champagne. I guess we looked old enough to drink. But I couldn't and wouldn't drink. It was alcohol.