Chapter 20

I don't have have school tomorrow, so I'm probably going to update a bunch! But it takes me like 2-3 hours to write one chapter because I get distracted a lot. Lol. Song: Fade Into You (by Mazzy Star) song quality isn't too great because it's live, but I love this song. Plus I don't think anyone really listens to the songs I put for the chapters lololol. Anyways, enjoy! Xoxo

Evan took me home after lunch, and he stayed with me at my house.

We were cuddled on my bed, underneath the blankets.

"Aurora, y'know if you're being touched inappropriately or abused, you have to tell someone." Evan said out of nowhere.

"I did. I told you. And Holly."

"I mean like, the authorities. The police."

"I can't, Evan."

"Aurora, you have to. C'mon, I'll go with you, when you're ready."

"Very well." I quietly said and cuddled into Evan's arm.

"Good." He kissed my forehead.

I faintly smiled, then closed my tear stained eyes and fell asleep.

~

"Aurora?" I woke up to my mother yelling my name.

"What?!" Evan's arm was still around me.

"You've got company!"

I groaned, sitting up, watching my door open. In walked Levi.

Evan stood up. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Came to see Aurora. Has she broke the news to you? We're getting back together." Levi smirked.

"You're lucky I'm not beating your ass right now." Evan said sternly.

Levi chuckled. "She loves me, not you."

"You're full of it, Levi," Evan walked closer to Levi. "Now I suggest you get the hell out of here before I pound your face in."

I stood up off of the bed. "Don't do anything stupid. Both of you."

Levi grabbed me and kissed me hard. When he pulled away, Evan punched him in the face. Levi fell to the ground and struggled to get back up. His nose started to bleed.

"Stay the hell away from her!" Evan yelled.

Mom entered the room, gasping at the scene.

"Mrs. Fawcett, I think we should call the police." Evan said.

Mom looked at me for approval and I nodded my head, with tears coming out of my eyes.

The police arrived about 10 minutes later. They asked me to tell them what had been going on. I decided to tell them everything, starting from the beginning. I showed them the bruises and the note I got from Angelina.

They had also asked Evan what I had told him, and what he knew. They took a bloody Levi away in handcuffs.

"Ms. Fawcett, we'll call you later about charges. We'll also be calling the school." One of the policemen said.

I nodded, while sniffling. "Thank you."

~

I decided to stay home for the rest of the week. Around noon the next day, I got a call from the school.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this Aurora Fawcett?" A woman spoke. Probably the lead secretary.

"Yes." I answered.

"This is Ms. O'Neal, the lead secretary at school. Officer Torey asked me to call you about the consequences in your situation. As of 10am this morning, Angelina Salzburg is suspended for threatening of violence and bullying for seven days. Alexis Gotu and Stacey Fisher are suspended for ten days for bullying and fighting." She explained.

"What about Levi? Levi Feds?" I asked.

"I'm afraid I'm not aloud to release that information. Officer Torey said he'd talk to you about it later today or tomorrow. But for now, Aurora, you're fine. You're free. You don't have to worry about Levi or anybody else anymore." I could sense she was faintly smiling.

"Thank you. Thank you for calling." I lightly smiled and hung up.

A little while later, my mom came up to my room.

"Hey honey, how are you feeling?" She leaned against my door frame.

I shrugged. "Okay, I guess."

"Well, Officer Torey is here to speak with you. He's in the living room now."

"Okay." I stood up. I was still in my pajamas but I didn't care.

"Good afternoon, Aurora. How are you doing?" Officer Torey stood up off of the couch.

I nodded. "I'm okay."

"Well, I have good some good news. Did your secretary call you this morning?"

"Yes, she explained the consequences Angelina, Stacey and Alexis were facing, but she didn't tell me about Levi." I sat down on the couch.

"Levi is being faced with assault and battery, and domestic violence charges. These charges are being filed as a misdemeanor and he will face up to one and a half years in prison, with a bail set at $6,500." Officer Torey explained.

I started chewing on my nails. Which was a nervous habit. "Oh."

"What about Alexis? She slapped me and slammed my head against lockers. Isn't that kind of like assault and battery?" I questioned.

"Yes, didn't Ms. O'Neal tell you?"

I shook my head. "No, she just told me that Alexis and Stacey were suspended for ten days for bullying and fighting."

"They're facing criminal charges, too." He sat down across from me.

"Like what kind of charges?" I asked.

"Assault and battery. They were taken off of campus by police this morning and set for a $200 bail. Both of their parents have already bailed them out, but it will forever be on their records. And they're getting suspended for ten days."

"Oh. Ms. O'Neal didn't tell me that part. Is Angelina facing any criminal charges?"

"No. She didn't physically harm you, just threatened you. She will just have an extended suspension, like Alexis and Stacey." He informed me.

"Oh, okay."

"I would consider filing for a restraining order on Levi, maybe Alexis and Stacey." Officer Torey said.

"Okay, yeah, I probably will, I guess."

"Think about it though. You have about a year and half to think about a restraining order on Levi, but if you want one on Alexis and or Stacey, it needs to be done now."

I nodded. "Okay. How is Levi going to finish school?"

"Well, technically he's suspended until he gets out of jail. And then he will come back to finish high school as a senior again, unless he decides to drop out." Officer Torey clarified.

"Oh, okay. And Evan, he's protected, right? Everything is okay now?" I gulped.

"Technically, Evan could be charged with assault and battery for hitting Levi, but I filed against that for him."

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much." I faintly smiled.

"And as of for you, I would recommend possibly talking to a counselor, to help with any emotional issues." Officer Torey nodded.

"Okay," I stood up. "Well thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know all of this information."

"No problem, Aurora. I'll let you know if anything else happens, ok?"

"Okay. Thanks again." And Officer Torey left.