Chapter 11

Hey everyone! I'm probably going to upload another two chapters tonight, to get back on track because I've missed a bunch of uploads. Anyways, the song for this chapter is Stay - Rihanna (Cover by Beth). I hope everybody enjoys this chapter. It's kind of short. Xoxo

My eyes slowly fluttered open, as I was blinded by a light.

"Oh, honey, she's awake." I heard my moms soft voice.

She rushed to my side and behind her, was Adam.

"Where am I?" I blinked hard.

"The hospital, Aurora." My mom replied.

"W-why?" I stuttered.

"You got into a car crash." She explained.

My face ached. I touched my cheek, only to flinch in pain.

"Careful, Aurora. You're pretty banged up." Adam looked at me.

"What happened?" I frowned.

Adam grabbed a hand mirror off of the shelf in the hospital room. The room was painted a pale white color, like in horror movies. There was a small tv in the corner, along with a shelf of magazines and books. The books were probably 30 years old. Books that nobody had ever even heard of. Books the hospital staff probably found at a local Goodwill for 50 cents a piece.

I grabbed the mirror out of Adam's hand, holding it out in front of me. I had a bruise on my cheek, along with a scratch along my neck. It looked like I had been punched in the face, and someone scratched my neck.

And then I remembered, Evan. Where was he? Was he okay? I needed to see him.

There was a knock on the door, and then it opened. I was hoping it was Evan. But it was just a doctor.

"Ah, you're awake," He walked over to the sink and washed his hands. "I'm Dr. Martin."

I stayed silent as he finished washing and drying his hands. He grabbed his clipboard and started flipping through the pages.

"The x-rays finally came through," Dr. Martin turned to me. "It looks like you have two fractured ribs, and you just banged your head up a little."

Just then, my stomach flipped. I grabbed for something, anything, to puke in. Dr. Martin must have noticed the gesture and handed me a small plastic bowl and I threw up.

"Aurora, do you know what happened last night? Tell me everything you remember." Dr. Martin asked.

"I got in a car wreck." I looked at him.

"Right. Do you remember who you were with?"

I froze. I had forgotten about Evan in the heat of the moment. "Evan."

Dr. Martin nodded. "Where were you two going?"

I don't know. I couldn't remember. What were we doing? "I don't know."

"They were going out to dinner, Dr. Martin." Mom interrupted.

"You don't remember any of that?" Dr. Martin asked me.

I shook my head. "Not really."

"Do you have a headache? Does your head hurt?" Dr. Martin stood up.

"Kind of. It did earlier, when I first woke up."

"Ok, it seems you have a concussion. With the headache, forgetfulness, and vomiting," Dr. Martin scratched something down on his clipboard. "I'll get you some tylenol."

"Dr. Martin?" I looked up.

He turned around, facing me now.

"Where's Evan?"

"He's on a different floor. He's facing some more major injuries." Dr. Martin explained.

My heart dropped. "Is he ok?"

"We're not exactly sure yet, Aurora." Dr. Martin left the room.

"I need to go see him." I said sternly. I slowly started to stand up, only as my mom carefully pushed me back onto the bed.

"No, you can't, Aurora. Not in your physical state." Mom said.

"But I need to!" I screamed, probably loud enough for the whole hospital to hear.

My mom and I argued about weather or not I was going to see Evan. Until finally, I fell asleep, slowly and softly.