Chapter 24

Hey guys! The Lazarus Effect came out today. It has Evan in it. I want to see it so bad! Anyways, song: Cherry Wine (Live) - Hozier
I don't even think anyone listens to the songs while reading the chapters...lol oh well.
Enjoy xoxo

"How do I look?" I stood in front of my mom, who was attempting to make cookies.

"Oh, honey, you look great." She walked over and gave me a hug.

I was wearing cream colored pants, and an olive green somewhat oversized sweater, with black converse. My hair was curled and brushed out, and I winged my eyeliner perfectly.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Do you want me to drive you over there? Or are you driving?" She asked.

"I'm driving. Thanks though." I faintly smiled.

"You're welcome."

"Okay, well I better get going then. See you later."

"Okay honey, have fun! Be polite!" Mom yelled as I walked away.

I got to Evan's house and was greeted by him at the door.

"You look great. Come in." He gestured me inside.

Evan had a somewhat small house. It was cute though. It was painted a white color on the outside, and a dark green color on the inside. Everything was a dark colored wood. The floors, cabinets, counters, everything.

I followed Evan into the living room.

"Mom? Dad? Aurora's here." Evan said.

John was reading the newspaper, and the tv was on in the background. Beth was on her iPad. They both looked up.

Beth stood up and rushed over to me, giving me a kiss on the cheek. "It's so good to see you, dear. How are you doing?"

"I'm good. I'm doing good." I lightly smiled.

"Good to see you, Aurora." John lightly tapped me on the shoulder and walked into the kitchen.

"Evan, why don't you show your guest around? I'll finish dinner for you." Beth said.

Evan took my hand and led me around the house. He led me into his room last.

"And this is my room." He said.

The walls were painted dark blue, and had white trim around them. He had a black dresser and black bed frame, with white sheets.

"Cute." I chuckled.

Evan stood across from me and took my hands in his.

I studied his face. He stayed silent.

"Evan! Aurora!" Beth yelled.

We walked downstairs and met John and Beth at the table. Beth served Fettuccine Alfredo.

"Aurora, I heard all about what happened with that boy, Levi. How are you doing with all of that?" Beth took a bite of her food.

"Mom." Evan said.

"Beth." John said. Obviously, both Evan and his dad thought I was uncomfortable with the topic.

"It's okay," I looked at Evan. "I'm doing okay, Mrs. Peters."

"How is it being handled? What are the consequences? And please, just call me Beth."

I nodded. "He's facing jail time."

"Well, if you ever need someone to talk to, or be there, then you can always talk to me." Beth smiled.

"Mom." Evan repeated.

"Thank you." I smiled back at her.

John changed the subject. "So Evan mentioned you are going camping, the both of you, with some friends?"

"Um, yeah, I think so." I said.

"Where to?" Beth asked.

"We haven't decided yet, mom." Evan looked at her.

"Well, I hope you guys have fun." Beth said.

"Thanks." Evan said.

After dinner, Evan and John went into the living room. I stayed and helped Beth clean up the kitchen. We were washing dishes.

"So you and Evan, you really like him, don't you?" Beth asked.

I nodded. "You could say that."

"Are you guys, y'know, getting serious?"

"Yes and no. Depends what you mean by serious."

"Well must be pretty serious. You're the only girlfriend of Evan's I've ever met." She said.

"Really?" I faintly smiled. Something made me feel good about that.

"Yeah. So, I apologize if John and I are acting weird. After all, this is the first time we're doing this." She winked.

"It's okay." I giggled.

"It's good to finally know that Evan's okay. And happy." Beth said.

Wait, what does she mean?

I carefully agreed, being afraid to ask what she meant. But, I didn't need to know.

I went home around nine, after I helped clean up and say my goodbyes. When I got home, I quickly fell asleep, happy as could be.