Chapter 56

I'm probably going to update again tonight :) enjoy xox

I got out of the car, and knocked on the door. Adam answered it.

"Aurora, come in." He giggled.

I looked at him. "Do you know something I don't?"

"No?" Adam got serious.

"Listen, I got this note from Evan, telling me to see mom. Where is she?" I asked.

"The basement." Adam said.

I ran downstairs to the basement, and my mom wasn't anywhere to be seen. I saw a small folded paper on the couch, where Evan asked me to be his girlfriend. I grabbed the paper and opened it.

In the mood for pancakes and a double date?

All it said was that. What does that even mean? I said bye to Adam, and was out in Drew's car again.

"What on earth does this mean?!" I asked Drew.

Drew shrugged.

"Sally's Pancakes! Where we went on a double date with you and Holly!" I screamed with joy.

Drew frowned at me, and drove to Sally's.

"But wait, Sally's is closed..." My smile dropped. I got out of the car and walked up to the front door, where I saw a folded paper tucked underneath the handle of the door.

"Clever, Evan." I rolled my eyes and opened the piece of paper.

Blackberry cream cheese.

Evan, Evan, Evan was all I could think. He knew my favorite cream cheese was the blackberry kind at that bagel place down a few blocks. Even though I was confused as heck, this scavenger hunt was kind of fun.

I hopped into Drew's car.

"Where to?" Drew asked.

"That bagel place that's a few blocks down from the high school." I pursed my lips.

Drew nodded, and drove. I actually kind of felt bad though, that Drew had to drive me around.

We got there, and I stumbled out of the car, finding that the shop was still open. I walked inside, and somewhat skimmed the tables for any folded paper. I sat down at the table that Evan and I always sit at, and looked around. Nothing. I looked up at the menu and saw in big, bold letters, 'Blackberry cream cheese add on - 99¢'. What was Evan up to?

I sighed and stood up, walking towards the lady at the counter.

"Hi, are you eating here or picking up?" She asked.

"Um, pick up." I replied. I just guessed, maybe that's what Evan wanted me to do.

"Name?" She looked at me.

"Um, Peters." I confidently said.

She looked down at the name book for Peters.

"There's no Peters in here." She said.

"Oh, um, it might be under Aurora then," I gulped. "Sorry, I'm picking up for someone."

She looked down, then nodded.

"Just blackberry cream cheese?" She looked up.

"Um, yeah."

She retrieved the bag and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I said.

I got back in Drew's car and opened the bag to see a sealed cup with what must have been the cream cheese, and a small, folded note. I grabbed the note and opened it. There was a drawing of a Ferris wheel. The fair. Evan and I went to the fair. It wasn't here at the moment, but I'm sure the field was open.

"To the fair, I guess." I sighed. I was ready to see Evan. I was ready for this scavenger hunt to be over now.