Chapter 29

Hey everyone(: song: Chains (Cover by Landon Austin)
Enjoy this chapter xoxo
Btw, thanks for 2k+ views on this story, like wow. It means so much ❤️
Comment and vote (: thanks!

"Hello?" My phone rang. It was Holly so I answered it.

"Aurora, where the hell are you?!" She seemed flustered.

"Um, driving around."

"Your mother called me and asked if you were at my house." Holly explained.

"And," I sniffled. "What did you say?"

"Holy shit, Aurora, are you crying?"

"Um," I broke down in major tears. "Yeah."

"Come over to my house, now," Holly sternly made commands. "And I told your mom you were over here."

"Okay." I hung up the phone and drove to Holly's house.

Holly welcomed me in. She was in her pajamas, and fuzzy socks.

"Here, you can take a shower if you want, then I have some pajamas you can borrow. And we have a bunch of Thanksgiving leftovers, so you're more than welcome to help yourself." Holly explained.

"I think, I'll just take a shower and get all of this stupid makeup off of my face. My eyes burn though." I rubbed my eyes.

"When you get out, I'll have a plate of food for you, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay."

I took a nice, long, hot shower. It felt so good. After being out in the cold and bawling my eyes out, it felt really nice to take a warm shower. When I got out, I put on some of Holly's pajamas. She even gave me a pair of blue fuzzy socks. When I walked out into the kitchen, Holly had a plate with some turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, a roll, and fruit on it.

"Goodness," I sat down on the barstool. "This is basically a feast."

Holly lightly chuckled, then she got serious. "So what happened?"

"My mom said she found out about Evan drinking and doing drugs and partying awhile ago, and she doesn't want me to see him anymore." I took a bite of mashed potatoes.

"Crap, Evan drinks and does drugs?" She frowned.

"He used to. I mean, people change."

She nodded. "Yeah."

"And she mentioned his dad abusing his mom, and I freaked out and left."

"Oh my gosh, Aurora, that's kind of a red flag."

I squinted my eyes. "Don't tell me you're on my mothers side."

"No, no. Do what you want, but keep in mind, 95% of kids who have abusive parents, are more likely to abuse and or be destructive as well." She said.

"Evan's the 5% that's not. He's never tried to hurt me, or take advantage of me, or anything!" I started to raise my voice.

"Sh," Holly's eyes got big. "My parents are in bed."

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I'm just so frustrated."

"I know, and I understand. But you don't have to take all of your anger out on me. I'm just trying to help you."

"I know. I appreciate that. Thank you for all of this."

Holly smiled. "Of course."

Holly put on some movie, but my eyes hurt so bad that I fell right asleep. In the morning, Holly woke me up. She was dressed, and ready to take on the day.

"Aurora?"

"Yeah?" I opened my eyes.

"Listen, I think you should tell Evan what happened last night." Holly suggested.

"I don't know if that's a good idea right now." I replied.

"But just text him, at least, let him know you're okay."

I sat up, grabbing my phone, which I hadn't checked all night. I had about ten messages from my mom, and a few texts from Evan, as well as a few calls.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath.

I texted Evan.

Sorry, everything is fine. I'm okay.

"Aurora, I told him what happened. He texted me and said that your mom called him last night, to see if you were at his house, so I told him what happened." Holly looked at me.

"What the hell? That wasn't your information to release." I laid back down.

"I know, and I'm sorry, it's just that, he was worried about you."

I sighed. "You invited him over, didn't you?"

Holly bit her lip. "Maybe."

"Holly!"

"Sorry! It just kind of happened."

The doorbell rang, and Holly opened the door, revealing Evan. Annoyed, I rolled myself over so I wasn't facing Evan.

"Just give her a second." Holly whispered at Evan.

"Why are you here?" I asked, still not facing Evan. I heard his footsteps, then felt someone sit on the couches pull out bed next to me.

"Aurora, I'm worried about you." Evan sounded like he just woke up. His voice was raspy and deep.

I gulped. "I would've just called you back later."

"I'm not waiting until later, I needed to see your face, and hear your voice now." Evan frowned.

I turned, now facing him. "What has gotten into you?"

"Nothing. You know exactly why I'm being like this, Aurora. I was worried sick about you last night, and where you were and what you were doing. I was afraid that something bad was going to happen to you, or to us, and I cannot let that happen. I need you to understand that." He looked like he was going to cry.

I let out a loud sigh and sat up. I gave him a hug.

"Nothing is going to happen to us." I said.

"You promise?" Evan asked.

"I promise."