Chapter 30

Yes, another chapter!(: song: Do I Wanna Know? (Acoustic) - Arctic Monkeys
Comment and vote!
I love all do you guys ❤️
Enjoy xoxo

"Hello?" My phone rang.

"Aurora? Honey, come home." Great. It was my mother.

"No." I frowned.

"We need to talk things out." She said.

"No, we don't have anything to talk about."

"Aurora-"

"No, mom." I was beginning to get angry.

"We need to talk." She replied.

"Do you not hear me saying no? By the way, I'm with Evan right now, so I need to go." I gulped.

"Aurora, no. I don't want you with him."

"I'm 18, I can do whatever I want," I said. "Besides, I love him."

"You don't know anything about love." Mom said.

I stood up and walked to the kitchen. This wasn't something I wanted Evan to hear. "Oh, and you do?"

She stayed silent.

"I remember the way you used to look at my father, that was not love. You didn't touch, you didn't play, you didn't laugh, you didn't love." I was beyond upset now.

"Aurora, you don't know anything about your father and I. You know nothing." She replied. I could hear her sniffling.

"Yes, I remember."

Again, she stayed silent. I assumed she was crying.

"Whatever, I'm coming at 4 and getting my stuff. I'm moving out." I said.

"Aurora, you don't need to do that." She said.

"Ever since dad died, you've been like this. So stubborn and easily irritated. And it's gotten on my last nerve. I'll just take the money out of my bank account, and buy an apartment," I sighed. "Then I'll be over later to get my stuff."

"Aurora-"

"Nope. This is it." I hung up the phone and walked back out to the living room.

Holly and Evan shuffled back over to the couch, as if they were just standing in the hall, listening to my conversation with my mother.

"Well?" Holly carefully stood up off of the couch.

I crossed my arms. "You didn't hear? Weren't you guys just listening in to my conversation?"

Holly acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. "No?"

"Sure," I grabbed my keys off of the coffee table. "Well, I gotta go. I'll be back."

"Wait, where are you going?" Holly walked over to me.

"I'll be back, okay?" I lightly smiled, as if nothing was wrong.

~

I found the perfect apartment complex on the beach. After touring a few apartments, I decided on the one closest to the beach. And lucky for me, it was within my budget. It had white colored everything, which I loved. I loved white, because it seemed so clean, like clean, warm, white sheets that just came out of the washer and dryer, that smelt like a million bucks. There was already living room furniture, and kitchen, and bathroom furniture. I'd have to bring the bedroom stuff myself, and then decorate to my liking. Did I mention there was two bedrooms?

The only person who knew I was getting my own place was my mom. And maybe Evan and Holly, since they were snooping. And that realtor lady that showed me around. I didn't even know her name though. But for now, it was just me, myself, and I. And that made me extremely happy.

I went and got coffee, then went back home to start packing my stuff. When I walked in, I was greeted by Adam.

"Aurora-" He stood up from the dining room table.

"Hey Adam." I pursed my lips.

"You want to explain to me what's going on?" Adam followed me to my room.

"I'm moving out."

"What? You can't." He said.

"I have to." I turned towards him.

"No you don't!" He yelled.

"Is mom home?" I asked.

He shook his head. "She's at the store."

"Good," I put my hands on his shoulders. "Help me pack my things."

"What am I getting out of this?" He squinted his eyes.

"You can come stay with me every once in awhile." I faintly smiled.

He groaned. "Fine."

I went and grabbed some garbage bags, to put clothes into.

"Here," I handed him a garbage bag. "Start putting my clothes into this bag."

Adam nodded and started unloading my dresser and closet. He stuffed shoes and hangers inside as well.

I started packing everything on my book shelf into a box.

"I'll help you get all your stuff to your apartment." Adam offered.

"Okay." I smiled.

We packed in all the garbage bags we could fit, and a bookshelf. Along with some boxes. When we got to my apartment, Adam seemed amazed.

"Holy smokes, Aurora! This place must've cost a fortune!" Adam walked around the living room.

"Nope, it was within my budget." I carried in some bags and dropped them on the floor.

Adam helped carry in the bookshelf and we put it inside of my bedroom. After a few rides back and forth, from my house to my apartment, we finally finished.

"I can, uh," Adam scratched his head. "Help you unpack if you want."

"Okay," I smiled. "And you can stay too. I'll drive you home in the morning."

Adam helped me unpack everything. From books, to clothes, to DVD's and even my bed. We took apart my bed frame, and set it back together at my new place. It was awesome.

"Well, until it get another bed, you'll have to sleep on the couch." I sat down on one of the three barstools at the counter.

"I'm totally okay with that," Adam walked over to the huge doors outside the living room, and opened the curtains, revealing a dark but quiet ocean. "It would be awesome waking up to this everyday. You're so lucky."

"Yeah," I stood up. "You should probably text or call mom, so she doesn't worry. Then let's go get pizza or something."

"And you should probably text Evan and Holly." Adam said.

I looked at him. "What?" How did he know about any of that?

Adam smirked. "Don't underestimate the power of Adam."

"You're dumb." I chuckled.

Before we left, I texted Holly.

Hey, I bought my own place and moved out. Love and miss you.

Then I texted Evan.

Hey, I bought my own place and moved out. I love you. And I miss you.