Chapter 33

Song: Blood Bank (Bon Iver)
Next few chapters are gonna be goooood...(;
Enjoy xoxo

I woke up the next morning on the cold hard wood floor of my kitchen. Somebody must have brought red solo cups, because there was red solo cups everywhere. And I mean everywhere. More people must have shown up, because there was more alcohol bottles around the counter.

I noticed Holly was passed out on the couch. And there was other people passed out around the floor. I wobbled over one guy laying on the floor. I clapped my hands in his face loudly. He opened his eyes and frowned at me like I was bothering him.

"Get out!" I yelled at him.

Some others woke up to my yelling and left as well. I went and sat next to Holly, waking her up. I was surprised she wasn't yet awake.

"Morning sleepy head." I smirked.

"Hey, A." Holly opened her eyes.

She smelt like alcohol and her perfume. "I'm getting in the shower, ok? Do you want any tea or water or anything?"

"Yeah," She said. "Water."

I got her a glass of water then got into the shower and washed what smelt like puke out of my hair. Last night must've been crazy because I don't even remember falling asleep, especially on the floor.

I got out of the shower and put on sweats and a t-shirt. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and brushed my teeth. I didn't feel hungover, but I wasn't really sure. When I came back out into the main room, Holly was cleaning up.

"Dude," Holly was putting bottles of alcohol into my cabinet. "This is a lot of fricken alcohol."

"I know." I started picking up cups.

"Last night got really kind of out of hand." Holly said.

"Yeah," I sighed. "It was because of Drew. Since when is he such a party animal?"

Holly shrugged. "I don't really know. I've been thinking of breaking things off with him, but I just, don't know if I can."

"Why?"

"I don't know, Aurora. I just really like him. It's just, some of his actions are not the best." Holly explained.

"I'd agree." I said.

"Now you see my dilemma." Holly giggled.

"Now I see your dilemma." I chuckled.

My phone rang, it was an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Aurora?" The voice asked.

"Yeah?"

"Hey, it's Conrad. You gave me your number last night." Conrad? Oh, Conrad. The James look alike. James tried to kiss me last night.

"Oh, um, hey." I said. I don't remember giving him my number.

"Sorry, is this a bad time?" He asked.

"No, just cleaning up a little." I chuckled.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'll leave you to that then. Talk to you later?" He asked.

"Um, sure."

"Wait, I have a question." Oh great, was he gonna ask me on a date?

"What is it?" I asked.

"Can I take you out this week, or weekend?" Conrad asked. Great, it was a date.

I rolled my eyes. "Listen, I don't think that's a good idea."

He didn't know about Evan, and I didn't want him to hate me, so I decided to not tell him.

"Oh, okay."

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's fine, talk to you later." He hung up the phone. He was probably furious with me or hated me or whatever.

"This guy from last night just asked me on a date." I told Holly.

Her eyes got big. "Really? Who?"

"Conrad."

"What about Evan? Did you tell him you have a boyfriend?" Holly asked.

I shook my head. "No."

"Why didn't you tell him?" Holly asked.

"I don't know. I forgot."

"Where was Evan last night anyways?"

"I don't even know..." I trailed off.

~

Evan wasn't at school the next day. I called and texted him several times. I even had Drew and Holly try to get a hold of him. It felt like something was wrong, but I couldn't quite tell what it was.

"Hey, I'll go to his house after school, I'll see if he's there." Drew offered.

"You will?" I asked.

"Of course." Drew lightly smiled.

"Let me know what happens, ok?" I frowned. I was legitimately worried about Evan. I hadn't heard from him in days.

Later that night, I got a call from Drew.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey, Aurora."

"Well? Did you go over there? What happened?" I felt like I was asking a million questions per minute.

"I went over there. He's fine, Aurora. Something just came up. He said he'd call you later." Drew explained.

"What? I can't wait until later, I need to know now."

"Aurora, believe me." Drew quickly hung up.

Later, I got a call from Evan.

"Evan?"

"Aurora?" His voice was deeper than usual.

"What's, um, what's up?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing really."

"I haven't heard from you. What's going on?" I asked.

"Nothing important." Evan sniffled. He had been crying.

"Evan, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I know something's wrong."

"My parents are getting a divorce." He gulped.

"Evan, I'm sorry."

"And if I have to live with my dad, then I'd stay here, but if I have to live with my mom, then I'd move."

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Yeah."

"Just live with your dad."

"It's not that simple." Evan replied.

I sighed. "Just make the right choice, ok?"

"Don't worry. Don't worry about me, ok?"

"I'm going to worry, you're a part of my life." I said.

"How was your little party last night?" Evan asked.

"Oh, it was fine. Drew brought alcohol." I rolled my eyes.

"Go figure." Evan lightly chuckled.

"Yeah." I laughed.

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds.

"Come over tonight," I broke the silence. "You haven't been here yet, and I haven't seen you in what feels like forever."

"It's a school night, Aurora." Evan said.

"So?"

"Ok. I'll be over soon." Evan said and hung up the phone.

I was excited for Evan to come over, considering he's never been to my new apartment before. I was just excited to finally see him.