Chapter 44

Song: Love More (Bon Iver) enjoy this chapter. Comment and vote!(:
Oh, and I began my new story, so if you could check it out, that would be awesome! Thanks so so so much! Xoxo

"Evan? Can I talk to you?" I closed the front door behind me, and saw Evan cooking dinner.

"Of course. What's up?" He asked.

"Well, my mom called with an emergency call, and I went over there." I paused.

"And? Is everything ok?"

"No, not really."

"Aurora," Evan walked over to me. "What happened?"

"It's Adam. Adam has leukemia." I bursted into tears.

"Oh my gosh, is he okay?"

I nodded. "For now."

"Well, I'd ask you more about it, but I'm sure you don't want to be bombarded with questions. Anyways, dinner is almost done." He gave me a quick, but gesturing hug.

I wiped my tears. "Thanks."

I went and took a quick shower, then changed into my pajamas, and when I came back out into the kitchen, dinner was done.

"Thanks, babe." I smiled and kissed Evan's cheek.

We ate dinner, and I decided to go to bed because my eyes hurt an awful lot from crying. The next day, we had school, and I didn't need to be tired and puffy eyed. I fell asleep quickly and peacefully.

____

"Aurora!" I could hear Holly's voice from down the hall. I slammed my locker door shut and grabbed Evan's hand.

"Hey." I said to Holly, as soon as she approached us.

"Aurora, I need to talk to you." Holly eyed Evan, as if she was telling him to go away.

"I'm, um, just going to go find Drew." Evan faintly smiled and walked away.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Guess who's back." Holly said.

"Who?"

"Angelina and Levi." She replied.

I choked on my own spit. "What the hell?"

"I know!"

"But how? Levi was in jail..." I trailed off.

Holly shrugged. "He must've been bailed out or something!"

"What the hell." I squinted my eyes.

"What're you going to do?" Holly asked.

"I don't know. Nothing, I suppose."

"Aurora-"

"No, nothing." I gulped and walked to my first period, leaving Holly behind, even though she was in my first period. She followed behind me to Mrs. Bridges classroom.

Levi was already sitting inside the classroom, at the table where he sat with Holly and I. I walked up to Mrs. Bridges, who seemed more than happy to see me.

"Good morning, Aurora." She smiled. She had a little bit of red lipstick in her teeth.

"Um, hi, Mrs. Bridges." I politely smiled back at her.

"What can I do for you?" She asked.

"Um, well, I've had issues with Levi, and I was wondering if I could at least move away from him?"

She frowned. "No, I think everything will be okay."

"Wait, what? Are you serious?"

"Yes, go take a seat." Mrs. Bridges nodded.

I frowned and walked away, finding my seat which was next to Levi. He smirked as I sat down.

"Hey, Aurora. Long time, no see." Levi said.

I ignored him, and turned towards Holly. I tried to pay attention during class, but it was hard, because Levi kept trying to talk to me.

"Listen, Levi. I don't know what you're trying to do, but I don't like it. So leave me alone." I glared at him.

"Aurora-"

"Why are you even out of jail anyways? It's where you belong." I didn't even look at him, I just kept writing my notes.

"There's this thing called a bail." He said.

"Who on earth would bail you out?"

"This little lady named Angelina."

I froze. Angelina? She bailed him out of jail? I ignored Levi for the rest of class. Where did Angelina even get all of that money? I find it ridiculous that she even bailed him out in the first place. She never liked him.

The bell rang, and I walked to my second period, to see Evan sitting in his usual spot. I sat down in my desk and turned towards him.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you." I said.