Chapter 2

Music: "Buzzcut Season" by Lorde (Instrumental) Enjoy this chapter xoxo

After Zoology, Holly had Literature and I had Civics. After the bell rang, I walked to Holly's locker with her.

"Well," Holly closed her locker. "See you next period in Journalism."

"Where's your next class?" She asked me.

"F Hall. Yours?"

"A Hall." She faintly smiled.

"Hey listen," I took a deep breath. "I'm sorry if I've seemed...distant lately. I'm still trying to get over Levi and it sucks."

"I know, Aurora. No need to apologize." Holly smiled.

"Okay, well see you next period." I said and walked away.

I walked into class, only to be greeted by Mr. Conroy.

"Good morning! You're here early." He jumped out of his chair at his desk.

I shrugged. "I guess."

"So what's your name, kiddo?" He stood at his podium, like he was going to give a speech.

"Um, Aurora." I faintly smiled.

"Well, nice to meet you, Aurora! I'm Mr. Conroy. You can call me Mr. C if you want."

"Nice to meet you too." I said and sat down.

Mr. Conroy seemed cool. He was very nice and outgoing. Maybe funny too, but it was too early to tell.

And as soon as I turned my head, I would have not expected to see who walked in, to walk in.

Evan Peters.

And then everyone else filed in right behind him. The populars, the jocks, the nerds, and the artists. Honestly, I don't know what "group" I really belong to. Maybe the grunge - goth kids. Except I'm not necessarily goth. Holly is popular. She's not a real popular, but she's the type that everybody knows. She's smart too.

I noticed someone sat down next to me. It was Evan. And then all of the popular girls, sat around him. Alexis Gotu, Tamika Browns, Stacey Fisher, and Angelina Salzburg.

Angelina is blonde and skinny. She wears light makeup, and probably sprays the whole bottle of perfume on in the morning. She never has a blemish and wears short skirts.

She tilted her head at Evan and twirled her hair with her finger. Evan didn't look at her, he looked ahead.

"So you're Evan?" Angelina asked, as if she didn't already know.

He nodded, not saying a word.

"I'm Angelina." She giggled.

Evan ignored her, as if she was bothering him.

The bell rang. "Alright, alright," Mr. Conroy looked up from his podium. "Welcome to Civics."

He wrote down 'Civics' on the board and underlined it.

"I'm Mr. Conroy." He said. He passed out a paper that had rules and expectations of the classroom on it.

"I will be seating you kids in a boy-girl arrangement. I hope that works out for you all." 

"Aw man!" Some kid yelled out.

Mr. Conroy rolled his eyes and grabbed his clip board. He was no longer cool. A boy-girl seating chart is ridiculous. Is he going to treat us like first graders for the rest of the semester?

"Okay, Freddie Mac then Aurora Fawcett," Freddie and I sat down in the front row. Freddie was a jock. He played football, basketball and baseball. He was also popular. I actually believe that him and Tamika were dating.

"Evan Peters, Jessy Riterdale." Mr. Conway walked to the next row.

Evan sat down behind me. He smelt like light colonge.

Mr. Conroy finished and passed out another piece of paper. Our first assignment.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Evan.

I looked at him. He had deep brown eyes and brown, curly hair. He had very defined cheek bones, that I hadn't noticed before.

"Hey, do you have a pencil I could borrow?" He asked.

I nodded. I had never actually heard his voice until then, and it was gorgeous.

I grabbed one out of my backpack and handed it to him.

"Thanks." He faintly smiled.

"You're welcome." I smiled back.

Mr. Conroy talked for basically the whole period, about our first test, which would be over the States and Local Government.

The bell interrupted Mr. Conroy. "Have a nice day everyone. This assignment is due tomorrow! Check out a textbook from the library if you need to!"

I was packing up my bag when Evan handed me my pencil back.

"Thanks for letting me borrow it." He said.

"Don't worry about it." I faintly smiled and slid it into a side pocket on my bag.

Evan started walking away. Then he stopped, turned around, and slowly walked back towards me.

"What's your name?" He asked me.

"Aurora. Aurora Fawcett."

He smiled. "That's a beautiful name. I'm Evan," He smirked. "Evan Peters."

I smiled and nodded. "So I heard."

"Can I have your number?" He looked at me.

"Sure." I took out a pen from my bag and carefully reached for his hand. He had very smooth hands, and I wrote my number on his palm.

He looked down at his hand and smiled. "Thanks."

"You're welcome," I glanced at the clock. "I should probably get to my next class. I'll see you around."

He nodded and followed me out, and we both parted ways.

I sped walked to Journalism so I could tell Holly the news.