Something New : Part 1

Hello I am starting off the short stories with the Uchihane family!! I was going to stretch this out a lot but I decided to focus more on their kids since I would like to expand on them and their strange upbringing!!

Hope you all enjoy!

- - -

- 5 months after the war, March -

"So...you'll be heading out again tomorrow?" Yuyan stared sadly into Sasuke's eyes with her head on his chest.

He rubbed her bare back and shoulders and nodded his head.

"I figured you would."

"I'm sorry," was all he could say.

The two were at Kirigakure at that time. Kakashi had designated Yuyan and Ren as Konoha's diplomats. The two got to travel around making pacts and treaties, but they were currently on important long-term missions at Kirigakure and Iwagakure. Ren was at the latter.

Sasuke happened to be passing by the village for a while on a mission, following some sort of lead he picked up on. Being there for a while, him and Yuyan had the opportunity to rekindle their relationship and become closer and more intimate with one another.

"I knew it would happen. I was just sort of hoping you would stay with me. I miss being with you and seeing you often. When the war was over I sort of thought we'd stay together for a while..." Yuyan averted her gaze.

"I don't think I deserve you yet. I'm trying redeem myself and discover who I am, or who I want to be," he answered.

Yuyan sat up, bringing up the blanket and her knees close to her chest, "I understand."

Sasuke sat up with her and wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on her head, "know that everything I do, I do it to protect you and Itachi and the family he's going to have."

She rubbed his arm and turned to him, giving him a sad smile, "I trust you will."

- 3 years later -

Sasuke stood at the gates of Konoha, staring blankly at the symbol of fire. It had been years since he left this place, years since he's seen his brother and his best friend and most of all, the love of his life.

Last news he heard was Yuyan came back about two years ago, Itachi and Kiyoko surprisingly had twins that were doing fine, Kakashi was still the Hokage, Naruto and Hinata were newly wed. Lots of new things to get accustomed to if he planned on staying for some time.

The Uchiha first went to the Hane residence to see Yuyan, but no one was there. Very much to his disappointment. So much so that it made him want to leave for another few years.

He sighed, but went to the Hokage's building to check in with Kakashi about his findings the past few months he hadn't been reporting. Going inside reminded him of taking missions when he was much younger, being on team 7 and such. Although it had been reconstructed a few years ago, they kept the same exact layout of everything, he couldn't even tell the difference when he walked into Kakashi's office.

Without as much as a "hello", Sasuke just walked up to his desk, "I have a few things to report. I'm sorry I haven't written, I was traveling back from a long distance."

"Ummm," Kakashi nervously glanced at him, then to something else in the couches in the office, "I think that might have to wait. Also, hello? Nice to see you? Any of that?"

Sasuke ignored his greeting and glimpsed over to the child sitting in front of the couch, picking at plants. He didn't even look up at Sasuke, he was too focused on whatever he was doing. The boy was no older than 3 years, a full head of white hair and inquisitive, obsidian eyes.