Not a Warm Welcome

Yuyan's POV

Home would be much better if people didn't stare at me so strangely. As if I was some foreigner, or an entirely different species. I know they think I came back from the dead, but really, give a girl a break.

This wasn't the bad part of the day, just wait till we get the news.

"So what are we being called for?" I questioned.

"Eeeh I don't know either, maybe another mission?" Naruto shrugged.

"Hope it's nothing bad," I sighed, "I'm tired of bad things happening."

"Tell me about it," he sighed as well.

"Yeah, some people have nooooo idea," I answered, having some pretty violent flashbacks, I stopped without realizing.

"Yu-chan?" Naruto stared back at me, my face probably frightened him since he looked sort of startled.

"I-I'm okay."

We walked to Tsunade's office to see that everyone had gathered there already: Shizune, Kiyoko, Hisui, Kakashi, that guy Sai (heh that rhymes) and an old frog, probably one of the sages of Myouboku Mountain. I bowed in respect. I've learned to really appreciate summoning animals.

"A grandpa frog now? What gives?" Naruto complained.

"This is one of the sages from Mount Myouboku, show some respect," I punched Naruto's arm.

"Ah you're Jiraya-chan's pupil eh?" the old frog asked Naruto.

"Chan? Who the hell do you think you are?! Ero-sennin isn't your summoning animal! What the hell is this wrinkly frog's problem?!"

"Naruto watch it!" I slapped him across the head this time. Maybe it's just me since I grew up with summoning animals, it's like disrespecting your family or something.

"This was Jiraya's teacher who taught him the hermit-style ninjutsu," Shizune explained. Naruto was quiet after that.

I wonder how Jiraya was actually, last I saw him was when he almost killed me then I gave him a mission. Ah yes, good times. I really miss him actually.

I wonder how that went anyway. Maybe I should have stayed with the Akatsuki to see, maybe I should have helped him too...

Nah, he's like the strongest shinobi out there I'm sure he could handle it.

...but why was the frog sage here and not him??

My heart sped up.

"HAHAHA Ero-sennin! Ya got the same spirit as Jiraya-chan!" the frog exploded with laughter.

Maybe everything was okay, he seems to be very nonchalant about everything so it's okay.

My heart was beating faster though.

"Alright what is it you want to tell me?" Naruto questioned.

"Well, guess it's better to just get it over it," he sighed.

Get it over with?

"No..." I whispered under my breath.

"Jiraya-chan was killed in battle."

No, no, no, no! This wasn't suppose to happen, Jiraya could never...he shouldn't. "T-there's no way!" I shouted.

"Y-yeah what are you saying?" Naruto stumbled on his words.

We all looked at him, not know what else to say since that was all there was to say.

It's my fault, I wanted to say.