A Stranger Appears

Itachi's POV

"You cracked the egg wrong, un!" Deidara walks into the kitchen as Yuyan and I make breakfast.

"Do you mind?"

"Honestly, I do mind, I don't want your nasty hands touching my food, I'd rather have Yuyan's delicate, beautiful, hands touch my eggs, un!"

"That sounds really wrong," I shake my head at him.

"Well those eggs too but-" before Deidara could finish the sentence, a pan was flying across the kitchen and hit him directly on the head. The loud clang was enough to tell me he was:
A) very hurt
B) out cold
Or hopefully
C) dead

"That should teach him!" Yuyan smiled with no hint of guilt whatsoever. For some reason, Yuyan has been awfully happy, not saying it was a bad thing, but it's somewhat suspicious considering the sudden turn of events played out a couple weeks ago about her family.

She wasn't trying to hide her sadness either, I know her better than that. She was always skipping around, being nice to people, and singing or humming, that's how I knew she was happy.

"Has anything happened recently Yuyan?" I asked, curious at the subject.

"No, not really, I'm just here, being me, a part of the Akatsuki," she threw some weird gang signs making her look even more suspicious.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Gangjutsu, what does it look like?" she started to do strange poses, "this ain't even ninja stuff anymore, I'm a gangja." I continued to just stare as she did these extremely strange things.

"By the way," she came to a sudden stop, "where did Hidan and Kakuzu go their last mission? They don't want to tell me about it."

"I'm not exactly sure, but I heard they encountered some leaf ninja, even took one out."

"Was it someone I know?"

"Yeah, probably, anyway breakfast is ready we should eat don't you think?" I attempted to change the subject.

"Really? Who was it?" she remained passive.

"A-Asuma." She continued to stare, not moving an inch or changing expressions at all, nothing. I at least expected her to mourn at the moment but instead she just said:

"That's a shame, he was a great shinobi, the third was proud of him," and continued to make breakfast. She ignored it after that, not a word was said about how or why they took him out, it was just...that.

Strange.

"Breakfast is ready, you can go and sit with everyone else if you like," she smiled warmly as always.

"You need any help taking the food?" I ask.

"If it's no trouble," she chuckled. Why was she so cheery after the news I just gave her? I took a couple plates and set them on the dining table for everyone else.

...except Deidara.

Shortly after, she came an took a seat next to me, still cheery as ever. The members immediately came into the dining room and ate the breakfast in a quiet manner, no on really talked or anything at all.

"Thanks for the food, we have a mission now," Kakuzu sighed.

"This was fucking good!" Hidan cursed with his mouth full if food.

"Where to?" Yuyan asked.

"Across some barren desert place up east, we're on a headhunt," Kakuzu answered excitedly, we all know he loves his bounty hunts.