Coming Together

Yuyan's POV

It had been some time since the news about Jiraya. Naruto was back to normal after the two of us got some ramen and he stayed over and we talked forever and ever, it started to feel great being home.

They've been working on deciphering a code Jiraya had left on the sage frog's back to see if it can give them any clue as to who exactly Pain is and what he can do. There was also a dead body that I took a look at but honestly, I had never seen it before. It seems like there was still a lot about the Akatsuki that I didn't know.

The day after we heard about Jiraya, they tried to interrogate me to see how much information they could get out of me, but honestly I barely knew anything. I did tell them what I did know, but some questions I had never even asked myself while I was there.

Danzo's anbu has been keeping an eye on me, I can feel it in every breathing moment. How to lose them? I don't know.

I looked out the large window of my apartment and appreciated the view here in Konoha. It was a beautiful village and the more I was here, the more I felt like I was finally home. The only thing the worried me is that people didn't seem to recognize me, their eyes scorned me as if I was some evil spirit.

I haven't seen many people either, I don't know if everyone was out on a mission but I haven't seen them at all. 

I sighed just staring at the land before me and it called me even more and assured me I was better off here.

"Knock knock, Yuyan?" I heard a voice call behind me, I turned and Itachi was standing before me. "How are you today? Wanna go out for a little?"

I rubbed my eyes.

"Hey you okay little one?" it was Hisui.

My mind was playing tricks on me.

"Yeah, let me just change." I didn't have much yet, Kiyoko lent me some clothes and I slept on a futon since I didn't have any money. The third hokage isn't around anymore to keep giving me those monthly checks to help me buy stuff. I had to start taking missions, but I haven't fought in a while and quite honestly I'm not sure I'm ready for them.

All I wore was a black shirt dress and some sandals, nothing great, just simple.

"Alright let's goooo!" I ran back to Hisui, "what didja wanna do?"

"Well I noticed you were kinda lacking stuff so we wanted to go shopping and stuff for you."

"Hmmm, we?"

Hisui winked, he was still the same as ever. Full if surprises.

We traveled down the apartment complex and out the door only to see a small crowd of people outside anxiously waiting for something.

Hisui ran ahead and announced, "ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Konoha's precious, shining jewel, Yuyan Hane, in the flesh!"

Before me stood all my friends that I had missed since I was gone. All the original Konoha 9 (excluding Sasuke), Neji, Ten Ten, Lee, and out of nowhere, those from Sunagakure.

Those who didn't know of my returning just stared in amazement, I was like a spirit or like from the future or something.

Neji was the first to walk forward. I remember way back in the day Neji and I were good friends. Whenever we got together it was a good time and even though he was bitter with everyone, he laughed every now and then with me.

"It's really you," he sighed.

"Well yeah who else would it be silly?" I chuckled. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight squeeze and spun me around.