The Time Comes

Yuyan's POV

"I'm so bored!" I slammed down the book I had just finished reading.

....for the third time.

"I need something entertaining to do Itachi, I'm still only a teenager and being stuck in a dark hideout is not the way I would prefer to spend my time."

"So would you rather be with that Johann guy?" Itachi teased.

My face flushed and I looked away from him to hide my flustered reaction. "At least that would be more fun than being here," I sighed, thinking of the fact that my birthday was so close, yet so far.

"Am I not interesting enough?" Itachi raised his eyebrow, he had a slightly disappointed tone.

Wow, way to guilt trip me Itachi.

"I-it's not that, it's just that I wanna go on adventures and stuff ya know? I like talking to you a lot, but I just wish I had more freedom every once and a while," I sighed.

He took apart a cubed puzzle that he had just finished assembling and handed the pieces to me. I raised an eyebrow at him, and he nodded, "try to solve that in under three minutes, there's a challenge for you."

I stared at it for a while, hopefully not too long, looking at each piece and putting them together in my mind. "Alright!" I picked up a piece and began to put them all together as I did in my head one by one. "There, perfect cube!" I slammed it back on the table.

Itachi sighed, "I thought that would take you longer, guess you're not a kid anymore." He slumped against the couch we sat on in the lounge room and closed his eyes. "It was a lot easier to entertain you, every time I'd say something, you'd get all excited and stuff."

"I use to think you were like a god. I wanted to be just like you, still do actually."

"Why would you want to be like me?"

"You're like dependable and really strong, it's beyond my understanding, you're really really amazing!"

He blinked and gave me a befuddled look, "what are you talking about? Are you sick? Or tired? Maybe you really do need sunlight."

I laughed at his response and shrugged, "I've always looked up to you! No matter how old I get, you're my role model and I want to become strong and cool like you!"

"You sound like a kid again," he tried to hide the fact that he was chuckling from me.

"You're just like my brother," I stared up at the ceiling now. "He was always kind of quiet, not really reliant on others, and really smart and wise. I think he was strong too."

"You think?"

"I don't remember much anymore, I never actually saw him fight or anything. Sometimes I'd watch him train and it looked like he really had things down, but I wonder how good was he really," I sort of went into a deep thought after that, trying my hardest to remember details about my brother, guess the older I get, the more I forget about my time I'm Ryukyu.

Now I just kind of remember the fact that people existed, not any important details. It was kind of sad actually, I don't remember important details about my own family, most of them are about my brother and mother is all. Trying too hard not to remember what happened that day just resulted in me not wanting to think about my family at all, the thought bothered me. After all, I didn't want to become some obsessive avenger like someone I knew very well.

*cough* *cough* SASUKE UCHIHA.

I sighed, "I wonder when she's gonna come around," I mumbled, probably only loud enough for me to hear.