The Tide of War

Third POV

You have to live.

The two heard voices calling out to them and woke up in a world they didn't know. It was there they met with the father of all shinobi, the Sage of the Six Paths. The one who started it all.

They heard the story of Indra and Ashura, realizing that fate had aligned the two to fight this battle. They heard of Hakuren who helped maintain peace and order while they inadvertently threw the world into chaos. They realized that it was the same fate Madara, Hashirama, and Ryuunosuke had met with.

The two received knowledge of Kaguya Otsutsuki who was his mother and was sealed by Hagaromo and Hamura. They knew it all now, their rivalry, their relationship to the young Hane, their fate.

"Is that your response?" the Sage questioned the two youth.

"Yes," the two answered with unparalleled resolve. Save the world. Save their families, their friends, anything that meant something to them.

While they were gifted with the power to end this once and for all, the battle against the beast ensued. The kazekage, the green haired Uzumaki, the prodigies of the Uchiha and Hane clan, and the captain of the infamous Team 7 were united to hold back the enemy as much as they could.

The five had been performing well, but they very well realized that there was no way to kill him, they were simply stalling.

"This power that your mother lent us is amazing!" Hisui mentioned to Ren.

"It makes your body more resilient than steel! Your punches will pack much greater of a punch and each of your ninjutsu is mixed with her senjustu, it's the only thing that has any effect on him besides taijutsu!" he explained.

"Nice to know!" the two dodged an incoming attack from the black orbs, they knew getting attacked my those was bad news, even for Ren who was reanimated.

"We have to hone in closer!" Kakashi urged, "we aren't doing a single thing to him back here!"

"Got it!" Hisui quickly devised a strategy to possibly make some damage. "I have a plan, when you see the opening just go for it!"

The Uzumaki sprinted to Madara, avoiding the black orbs that were coming his way. He thought to himself about Ran's power and how he could use it to his advantage. He remembered earlier seeing the dragon Heiko shooting lasers out of its mouth. If he could incorporate that into his own jutsu he figured it might do something.

He quickly thought about what he wanted the jutsu to look like, it's destructive power, how he wanted to manipulate his chakra to obtain the perfect result. "Alright no room for failure! This is my first sage art so let's hope it doesn't burn my arm off!"

"Lightening style: lightning cloak!" the jade headed man cloaked himself with chakra that would make him faster than most people could follow. It was the inspiration for Yuyan's Volt Release that she also used to make her faster.

He dodged around like a bullet looking for the perfect opening where he had time to stand still for just a moment. Once it all aligned, he gave it his all for this technique he came up with on the spot.

"Sage Art: storm spear!" he watched as his storm release took an entirely different form. The lethal technique gave the laser a green hue that seemed to be almost the color of his hair, he quite liked it. The part he didn't like was the searing of his sleeve on the arm he released the technique from. Even with the Steel Blood Heart it burned his skin.

Madara amassed the orbs together to create a shield, but the laser pierced right through and sent him flying to the base of the tree.