The Sage's Blessing

Ren's POV

Yuyan was in the process of healing Obito as the rest of the alliance raced to finish off Madara.

It was quite endearing to see how well my sister was able to get Kakashi and Obito to talk to each other. Amongst the conversation, Obito even smiled. As I looked at the three, I remembered the memories I saw of their previous team and thought maybe Rin was helping Yuyan this whole time to bring them together once again. She really is the peacemaker.

"The extraction of the ten-tails seems to have taken a massive toll on your body, Obito, it takes a portion of your life force so that's something even I can't heal, but at least you won't die," she smiled.

"Thank you, I don't deserve this," he looked to her solemnly.

"You don't, but we're still friends, so I have to look out for you," she finished her healing and smiled at him. Kakashi pat her head and she chuckled at the gesture.

"Ren," the fourth Hokage who was also here turned to me and asked, "how old are you?"

It was a random question, but I answered nonetheless, "well at our present moment I should be about 24 years old, I died when I was only 13."

He nodded with some kind of shocked look on his face, "for you to be so skilled in space-time ninjutsu and be that young, how is it possible? It took me years to have complete mastery over the flying thundergod technique which looks like childsplay compared to what you can do."

Yuyan's eyes were wide with admiration and curiosity but it still made the heart of a dead man melt to pieces.

"That's actually a pretty complicated answer," I rubbed my head, "guess I'll try my best though. When I was born, I was a stillborn baby. It was kind of miraculous and I had been fine in the womb but when I came out I was unresponsive and my parents were devastated of course. My mother has a very close spiritual connection to our homeland, so her last resort was to take me to a place we call the Nest to pray to the spirits and see what they could do."

"Wait how did I not know about this?" Yuyan questioned.

"You were too young, and I would have expected Hisen or one of the dragons to tell you at this point?" I shrugged.

She pouted her lips, "well they DIDN'T so go on please."

I chuckled and pat her head as I continued the story. "The dragons said I had a spirit like my mother's, one that was very deeply rooted into the history of our clan and that in my future they saw a genius like no other. One if the great dragon sages, Heian bestowed upon me a rare gift called the Sage's Blessing that gave me life and the unique power of bending space."

"How is that different from other space-time ninjutsu?" Minato-san questioned.

"Most space-time ninjutsu simply teleports you from one space to another like your technique and like Kamui that teleports you to another dimension. Bending space is manipulating your environment, so theoretically, I can cancel out other spaces and prevent you from teleporting."

"That's...an overwhelming power," Kakashi seemed amazed. It certainly was, and it could very much come in handy but unfortunately I'm dead so it'll just have to make it's use right now.

"Fun fact, I was born with brown hair and when Heian revived me my hair turned white as her scales. Also, my mother has this blessing from another dragon sage, Heiko."

"Wait really? It wasn't Yumiko?" Yuyan asked.

"No, my mother recieved it when grandpa died and she inherited the Dragon's Crest, which is that weapon," I pointed at her dual swords.