Nostalgia Under the Stars

Yuyan's POV

"Hey wake up," the familiar voice of Sasuke shook me. That was when I realized, that was the first time I had ever fallen asleep.

I looked to my side only to realize I fell asleep on Sasuke's lap, quite embarrassing after telling him I wouldn't sleep a couple days ago.

"I-I'm so-"

"It's fine, you haven't slept in days, maybe weeks. You need it," he sighed.

"So what did you wake me up for?" I asked.

A small smirk creeped onto his face and he motioned his eyes to the sky. I slowly tilted my head backwards and looked up to the sky that was just full of stars everywhere. It reminded me of that one night where Naruto, Sasuke, and I were in the trees watching the constellations. It was quite nostalgic, but it also hurt deep inside.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Sasuke looking at me, but I was too distracted to say anything.

"Hey," he called, I turned, "I'll race you to the top. No jutsu or anything, just race to the top of that tree right over there." He pointed at the tallest possible one in sight.

"You're on!"

Quickly, the both of us scrambled to get to the tree. We might have woken someone up in the process but I didn't think it mattered, I'm sure he didn't either. I thought of our days training when we were on that mission at the Land of the Waves. The night we returned I could have sworn our team was going to stay together forever. I was wrong of course, and look where we are now, climbing another big tree. I had seemed to get caught up in my thoughts and didn't pay attention enough to realize I jumped on a broken branch.

"Sasuke!!" I yelled, that being my one and only instinct at the time.

I closed my eyes thinking I was going to fall to the ground, but I fell a brush of wind against me and I was somehow at the top in Sasuke's arms. It was kind of awkward considering our current situation and him not knowing it was actually me. He put me down and looked away from me, not saying anything.

"Thank you, I was kinda distracted with...winning."

"It's fine, but I win," he looked at me and smirked.

I hated to admit it, but there was something about his smirk that still got to me. Something deep inside that made me go crazy when he had that stupid smirk on his face. It kind of made me angry inside, even after everything that he had put me through and after leaving me in Konoha, after Johann and after that thing with Itachi, I still had feelings for this idiot. I knew he cared about me and cared about my death but that doesn't justify why he left without telling me and betrayed me for power.

After a little, we were both sitting down on the branch at the top. I loved views like these. In Ryukyu, there were lots of tall trees and I'd sit way up there with Ren sometimes, other times my father, and mostly with Chiaki. I always got to share them with Shisui in Konoha, he'd carry me to the very top and we'd eat lunch there together and sometimes talked all day until it was too dark to see what was in front of us. I shared it with Naruto and Sasuke back when everything was good and there wasn't much we had to worry about other than each other.

I shared it with Johann on my birthday...that's what got to me.

It had been only a little over a week since his passing and I still hadn't read his letter, I felt like I would never had the strength to read it.

"Why are you crying?"

I immediately wiped my tears and tried to come up with an excuse. "B-bad allergies, there's a lot of pollen in the air right-"