Night Terrors

Itachi's POV

I wasn't too surprised to find out I had been resurrected through the edo-tensei. Unfortunate as it was, I was thinking of ways to get out of this predicament.

I had been teamed up with Pein, or Nagato I should say, and imagining the damage the two of us could deal with my mangekyo and his rinnegan was simply unthinkable.

As a dead man, I shouldn't be saying this but I can't help but hope to see Sasuke, Yuyan, and Hisui and Kiyoko. Thing was, if I saw them I'd have to fight them and that would not be pleasant at all.

What really worried me was the third member of our cell, I had never seen him before and he didn't have a headband to identify himself with any particular nation, all he wore were simple black pants, sandals, and a navy blue kimono shirt. The boy also looked foreign too and not to mention he was probably no older than fifteen.

He didn't speak a single word to Nagato nor me but he seemed to be picking up on our conversations when we would say something. I had a strange feeling about him.

We had stopped moving for the night currently. Nagato and I were seated but the boy stood a few feet away and stared at the moon.

"Who are you?" I stood up and walked a little closer, but made sure I kept my distance.

He turned to me and I got a look at his distinct features. If I wasn't mistaken, I'm sure I know who he was.

"You're an Uchiha are you not?" he narrowed his eyes.

"Itachi Uchiha, that's my name. He's Nagato," I pointed and he waved. We seem to be getting along well.

"The Uchiha are from Konohagakure right?" his eyes were curious.

How long has this kid been dead? My family had passed years ago so he certainly died before that time. "We use to, the Uchiha clan is no more, only one survivor remains," I answered. Now that we're talking he seems accommodating.

"How long ago did you die?" he questioned more.

"Not sure how to tell, but I'd say maybe a couple months ago, the Uchiha have been gone for about nine years if my estimation on the current date is correct," I leaned against the statue I was previously sitting on, the boy walked closer and leaned on it as well. He was shorter than me of course, but he had an air of wisdom and confidence.

"That's unfortunate, sorry for your loss, it happens. But...umm, by any chance meet a little girl? Long, white hair? Biiiig blue eyes? Giant smile? Says a lot of puns?"

I didn't want to seem like it, but I was shocked. He didn't look too much like Yuyan or Ran Hane either, I'm assuming he takes after his father but I was certainly surprised.

"Are you Ren Hane? Yuyan's older brother?" I questioned.

"I'm guessing you did meet her," he huffed a laugh, "how is she?"

"Another Hane?!" Nagato was also surprised, "I had no idea Yuyan had siblings. I knew of Ran but who would have known?"

He glared at Nagato when he said his mother's name. "You knew my mother?!"

"You can say that," I answered for him, "he tried to kill us multiple times, but she's no longer alive, Yuyan defeated her so let's not raise the subject."

He sighed and nodded, "that's a relief to hear. Please tell me, how is Yuyan?"

I thought about when I last saw her that we parted ways. I really wonder how she was doing. Last I remember, she wasnt in a very good place, but I really had hope she was better.