My Beloved Friend

Hisui's POV

It was just another day in Konoha, nothing special, nothing bad. Nothing ever changed anyway, the only difference was everyone seemed to have the day off. You could say that's a good thing since everyone has been busy as of recently, but it was just one of those days that feels empty ya know?

Ever since that attack, none of us have really talked to each other all that much. Besides Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura who are on the same team, but it's obvious they're still bothered by it, especially Naruto.

It feels horrible to lose a best friend, I already know it. But Naruto already lost Sasuke and was excited to get him back with Yuyan. He still wanted to get Sasuke back though, it's all he looks forward to now a days.

Kakashi recently has been bedridden since he apparently used his sharingan on a mission to save Gaara, now the kazekage. Sakura has just been in the hospital working as of recently, she often helps Kiyoko with patients.

"What have I done with my LIFE?" I shouted, rolling off my bed and landing on my face first on the floor. "Uuuuuuugh," I made the muffled groan against the carpet. Maybe I should so something productive today, I wasn't in the mood for a mission or anything that would get me into trouble at all. Guess I'll just take a morning stroll around and eat breakfast somewhere.

After about ten minutes I finally got up and changed into plain black jounin pants and black sandals and a white kimono shirt. I looked at myself in the mirror and yawned when looking at my hair that was spiking up all over the place. "Eh," I shrugged, it's not like it matters anyway.

Walking out of my apartment complex, I stopped to watch a horde of snails making their way to a nearby garden, how cute. I only meant to take a look, but I ended up watching them to make sure nobody stepped on them.

"Hisui?" I heard the voice of Sakura behind me, "what the heck are you doing?"

"Observing these snails, it is a very lengthy process," I answered not taking my eyes off the snails.

"What are you? Like 4? Can't you just take them over there?" she reached for one of the snails, but I gently smacked her hand away. "What was that for?"

"It matters not how fast, nor the means they serve to get there, or even what waits for them there, but it is their journey that is most crucial," I nodded.

She stared at me dumbfounded as if she never expected me to say something like that. "Wow, that was very profound," she nodded, "it would be even more profound if the topic wasn't snails."

"No no dear Sakura, you are mistaken. We may not share any empathy for bugs since we're humans, but the two of us are living creatures with an actual life. It doesn't matter the size, shape, or family of organisms you come from, a life is a life."

Once again she just continued to stare at me. I didn't have to look at her to notice, I just remained looking at the snails who were only a couple inches away from the garden.

"Mind if I watch with you?" she kneeled next to me when I nodded. We watched for just a moment when she spoke again, "can I ask why you find this so interesting?"

"So many reasons," I answer as the billions pass through my mind, "people might not find it interesting at all, but they're just random things that mean so much to people."

"Weird people like you?" she teased.

"Probably, I'm kind of a nut," I huffed out a laugh, "but really, there's so much to them. I feel like if people should learn from them. They take things easy and slow while we humans try to get things done easy and quick, and we miss out on small, random things like-"