Something New: Part 3

"Woooow! How pretty!!" Obito gawked at the sight of the ocean.

Sasuke smiled a bit at his son's excitement, "it's nice out here isn't it?"

"I wanna go in!" Obito was quick to run to the water, but quickly ran back yelling "it's cold!"

Hakuoh stared agape at the beautiful beach. The clear blue rolling waves and the white coarse sand at his feet were brand new experiences to him. He had read about the ocean and seen pictures, but this was the first time he was witnessing them for himself.

"Guess a family trip to the beach was the right call!" Yuyan sang as she played with Kaida who was already three years old.

"This was a good idea, thank you for convincing me," Sasuke knelt down to play with the two while they watched their sons play in the water.

"You shouldn't be so nervous about spending time with your own kids. Better make a good connection now while they're young and easy to get along with before they get older and sassy."

"I hope they're nothing like me."

Kaida looked at her father with a questioning look, "I wanna be like you!"

Sasuke sighed, "someday you won't be thinking that way."

She puffed her cheeks angrily and threw sand at his chest, "I wanna be like you!!"

"Sweetie you can't throw sand at people, especially at their faces," Yuyan scolded.

"It's okay, it didn't hurt me," Sasuke pat the child's head and she giggled.

"Don't spoil her too much," Yuyan shook her head, then quickly ran to the water when she was distracted by the boys, "hey Obito, Hakuoh!! Don't go too deep!'

"Your mom is crazy."

"Really crazy," Kaida agreed.

They watched as Obito and Hakuoh came back to the shore then Yuyan scolded them for getting their clothes wet and wandering too far. Since Yuyan could never quite get the hang of swimming, Sasuke ended up giving the kids a basic lesson on how to swim once they changed properly. The whole family fawned over Kaida who looked adorable in her swimsuit. Luckily, Hisui had lent the family a camera he owned to take nice pictures.

"Why can't you swim oka-san?" Hakuoh asked as they observed Obito struggle to paddle correctly.

"Umm...I'm not sure? Some people just don't get the hang of it. And I didn't need to because I can just do this!" She proceeded to hop onto the surface of the ocean, concentrating chakra at her feet.

Hakuoh blinked a few times and then did the same, "I can too."

"Huh?! When did you learn that?"

"Auntie Kiyoko. I've been practicing."

"That's my boy! Great job!"

"She told me that you could do this when you were 5...I'm not that impressive. I bet at my age you were capable of much more."

"When I was your age I was struggling to come to terms with the fact that almost everyone I loved was dead. Times were different, I had to become strong because there was war and conflict in the world, and I was desperate to protect anyone I had left. You can take your time to learn these things instead of killing yourself over grueling training like I did. And you're not me or your father, you are your own person Hakuoh."

"I have to be strong. I have to be stronger than you and oto-san," Hakuoh glared at his feet.

"And why is that?"

"Because if I'm not, you'll spend the rest of your life protecting us. I want to be strong enough to protect everyone in this family so you don't have to anymore."