The Joyful Village

Yuyan's POV

"We are deeply sorry for the pain we have caused you," Konan offered me a bouquet of paper roses.

Nagato told us his entire story, his reasons behind becoming who he was. It reminded me of the boy Haku when we were younger. He I was plagued by a world that was cruel to him, and left him to fend on his own and make it on his own.

In a sense, I understood him. Naruto did as well.

"Even though he never said it to you, Nagato appreciated you in the Akatsuki. It's a dark and scary place there, but somehow you managed to make it feel like the original Akatsuki team," she smiled at me.

"Oh thank you Konan," I quickly ran to her and gave her a hug, she was obviously surprised at the affection, but she hugged back. "How is Kisame doing?" I had actually been thinking about him a lot.

Upon hearing Kisame's story while in the Akatsuki, I felt like the world owed him something after putting him under all the circumstances it did. At heart, Kisame was a little rough, but he was an affectionate and sensitive person and deserved another chance.

"He's holding up, you can tell he's a little lonely," she smiled.

I hoped I would see him again, maybe try talking him out of leaving the Akatsuki since he always did want a better life for himself.

"I entrust Nagato's dreams of peace to the both of you. I can only hope for the best," she took the two bodies with her and disappeared.

"Good job Naruto, everyone is saved because of you," I smiled at him. Now that they were gone he let his guard down, making him look completely worn out from the battle.

I put his arm over my shoulder and began to support him back to the village. Luckily Kakashi came to our rescue. Naruto stood up straight for a little and walked towards him, but he fell in the process, leaving Kakashi to catch him.

"I've got it," Kakashi smiled, I knew he was. Even after years his expressions were obvious to me. "Yuyan, I'm sorry," Kakashi looked me dead in the eyes. This was a look rarely seen on Kakashi's face, the look of guilt.

"What for?" I chuckled.

"I'm the one who has let you down the most. I thought being your sensei was enough, but I was never able to do anything for you like Hisui or Kiyoko or even Itachi. I was suppose to be the one keeping a close eye on you and yet you slipped away. I let you get taken by the Akatsuki and I let you suffer alone. I should have been there for you more and tried to support you more."

"It's okay, I'm better now," I smiled at him. Kakashi always seemed to have a lot on his plate so I never blamed him for not giving the same attention as the others. In fact, I appreciated how much effort he put into his relationships with others.

"No, I should have protected you better. I let you take so many hits for the team and you always did an excellent job but at the expense of your well being. You were constantly in the hospital because of how much you protected the team. I take responsibility for whatever has happened to you, I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner."

Wow, you can tell he felt really bad about everything. I never once thought that Kakashi blamed himself for anything that happened to me. I always thought he just trusted me. He did, but he felt bad for leaving it up to me.

"I don't blame you for anything Kakashi, but I won't stop you if you want to make it up to me," I smiled, he did too I'm sure.

"I will too Yu-chan!" Naruto waved his fist in the air.

"You already have, today you did. You're really amazing Naruto!"

"Hehe thanks. You could have done it too, but someone like you shouldn't get their hands dirty," he smiled very tired.