I Love You Regardless

Hisui's POV

So the edo-tensei is released, but Madara joined us in the battle field just a while ago. Also, we figured out the masked man was actually OBITO UCHIHA THIS WHOLE TIME.

Geez a man can never stay dead, even I can't and apparently Itachi either, but I'm not complaining about that. He wasn't here yet, but you know when your best friend is coming to save your ass.

Just when the edo-tensei was released and we were in need of some back up fighting the Uchiha monsters, every division of our allies that had been fighting the reanimated shinobi arrived just in the nick of time.

"First battalion here!" Darui and his squad arrived, I high fived him.

"Second battalion has arrived!" Kitsuchi-san announced.

"Third battalion is ready for battle!"

"Fourth battalion, present," Shikamaru had taken over for Gaara after Ren transported them from the battlefield.

"Same goes for fifth battalion!" Mifune and the samurai presented themselves well.

"The medical squad is here too!" Shizune called out, Kiyoko ran to my side and smiled.

"You don't look too good," she chuckled as she quickly healed some wounds I had.

"Well I've been trying to fight Madara for a while now, it's not that easy."

"The Hane are present and ready to aid the allied forces!" Ryuunosuke hit his staff against the floor and pointed to Madara, "you're going down this time!"

Before the fighting ensued, a portal opened up between Naruto and I which Ren and Itachi jumped through. I was surprised Ren was still here despite being an edo-tensei but I assumed it had to do with the way his family was here too.

Everyone was quiet for a moment until Naruto broke the ice, "thanks for releasing the edo-tensei, Itachi! You're really a cool guy! And Ren glad you're here too, but where's Yu-chan?"

"She's with Sasuke right now, I suspect they'll be here in a little while," he nodded. Naruto's eyes slightly widened at the mention of Sasuke's name, but he smiled.

"I-Ita.." Kiyoko stared at the man she had always loved. The look on her face told me she wanted to cry of happiness, but she held it back due to our current situation.

"Hisui..Kiyoko," Itachi turned to us and bowed his head sadly, "I'm sorry for everything. For abandoning the team and the village." It was heartwarming to see Itachi actually felt something since our last days with him had consisted of him putting us aside for his duties. Right as we were about to have our moment, Kiyoko walked close to him and just whacked him across the head.

The whole alliance who was watching gasped and took a small step back, before Itachi had time to react, she wrapped her arms around his waist as if suddenly changing her mood, she was always like that, "you don't have to apologize for anything, we know it all." 

"Thank you," he smiled and hugged her back. Surprisingly, some of the crowd was chanting their "awws". 

"Well, don't leave me out of this!" I walked to the two and hugged the both of them, I was still taller than Itachi. When my two teammates separated from their embrace, I noticed the glittering of their eyes and nothing made me happier than to see two of the people I love the most sharing aspirations of hope for the future. Something deep in my heart swelled up for the two of them and my happiness almost turned into tears. After so much turmoil we, and most especially Itachi, had gone through it felt almost like a dream to have him here again.