The Truth I Ran From

Yuyan's POV

After the battle with Madara I was entirely drained of all my strength. Ryohei and I really pushed ourselves and she went into a slumber for now. Hopefully, the time I spend with Ren will give her enough time to regenerate, same with me.

The two of us were in our homeland, just like old times. However, now the houses were empty and there was a lack of character in our small community. I was afraid to hear the truth quite honestly, but it was a reality I had to face.

"When Ryuunosuke told you the truth, when did he say it started?" Ren asked with his back turned against me, staring at the ruins.

"I remember him saying something about the third search party that Chiaki's older brother was in. He told me they made it out of the storm and into the Five Nations," I recalled.

"Yeah, that's just about right," he whistled like a bird and the genjutsu bird I recognized as Hiraku flew his way to Ren's shoulder. The scenery changed and it seemed as if we were back in the old days when the village was full of life. "This is the day that ultimately changed father, the day we lost many of out clan members...Chiaki included."

Although I was young, I still remember it clearly. I saw Ren who looked just about the same, a younger me, and Chiaki walking together down the road.

"Ni-san when do you think we'll get to see the outside world like ka-san and tou-san said we would?" I pulled Ren's shirt and looked at him with the most loving eyes. The affection I had for him made me smile.

"We'll have to wait and see, just hope that whatever we see out there is something worth Masaru's sacrifice." Ren was always more down after Masaru's death. Thinking back at it now, he must have felt guilty about not being able to save him and Yumiko falling into a deep depression.

"Nothing will be worth that," Chiaki muttered under his breath. Masaru was like Chiaki's older brother since his real one was probably the most horrible person ever. Both had no parents and had to grow up learning what they could on their own. My father also had no parents, so he saw a lot of himself in them two, that's why he took them under his wing and treated them like family.

Ren knelt down and put his hand on Chiaki's head, "I'm sorry kid, but I'm sure Masaru would love you to see the the outside world for him. He was excited to see it."

"Masaru always wanted you to be happy, he said you were like his little brother!" I attempted to cheer him up. Chiaki stared blankly at us for a moment and smiled. We just continued walking and talking without a care in the world, but suddenly a building erupted in flames.

"Get behind me," Ren motioned to Chiaki and me. Clan members backed away from the building but we continued to stare. From that moment it was obvious something was wrong, nothing like this ever happened here.

From the flames, a silhouette of four men came our way, not in an accommodating manner. Everyone at the time thought they were dead after not returning for almost two years in exile. There were seven at the time, but their numbers had dwindled. Each had committed a treasonous act against the clan and for that reason were exiled to wander in the storm.

"Hakurei!" Chiaki gritted his teeth, that was his horrible older brother. Without wasting a moment, the four man dispersed and began to attack the clan, some were too slow to process what was happening and others fought back.

"Chiaki, take Yuyan to the house and inform my parents of what's happening, I'll hold them off!" Ren didn't give us a moment to argue and ran to Hakurei to battle him. Chiaki grabbed my hand and began to dash to my house without turning back a single time.