Still a Hero

Itachi's POV

"Okay, push again on three!" I heard Deidara order, as Kisame and I walked towards the lounge room. We just came back from a mission and they're already being stupid, now what were they doing? "1..2...push!" As we walked in, they all fell to the ground, piling on top of each other one by one.

"What the hell was that for?! I thought you said on three!" Sasori yelled.

"Well, I replaced it with push un!"

"Then advise us before you do, let's try this again!" It appeared that Sasori, Kakuzu, Deidara, and Zetsu were trying to pull Hidan out of the ground since his head was buried somewhere deep in there.

"What happened here?" Kisame asked, "is this some new ritual?"

They all sighed, "this idiot got into trouble with the new girl. She's something strong I'm telling ya, she punched Hidan all the way to hell!" Sasori grunted, attempted to pull Hidan out again.

"Hehe, more like HE-DONE. Get it Hidan, he done, because he's done and it ryhmes is Hidan?" I can't believe these people are S-rank criminals sometimes. But wait...a new girl?

"Waddya mean new girl?" Kisame asked.

"She left a while ago, she came to introduce herself then left."

"She's totally hot, un!" Deidara smirked at his, most likely, dirty thoughts. I sighed and walked out of the noisy room, hearing the silhouette of Deidara screaming, "maybe we can get him out if I blow the ground up!!"

I slowly walked back to my room, beginning to feel a bit dizzy from overusing the sharingan. The long, dark hallways were quiet and empty until I could have sworn I saw some familiar white hair turn the corner to the other hallway.

"That's strange.." I muttered to myself, debating whether to follow it or not. "No, I'm just hallucinating. I probably need to rest," I finally decided and walked into my room to take my long awaited nap.

"Hallucinating huuuh?" all of a sudden, I was face to face with a strange young girl with...white...hair...

"Y-Yuyan?!" I almost shouted, "what are you doing here?" I tried to sound more serious and indifferent to this. However, how could I?! What was she even doing here?! Could she be the new member?!

"I'm being held hostage here until I kill my mother, just to answer your question. No, I cannot go back, and no, I will not attempt to go back because the leader blackmailed me, and yes, I'm technically the new member," she knew just about every question I was going to ask.

"How-?"

"Hidan and Kakuzu. Everyone in Konoha thinks I'm just about dead," she dwelled on that thought a bit and shrugged.

I was surprised at how much she had changed in the past three years. I probably wouldn't have been able to recognize her if it wasn't for her white hair and blue eyes. I have to say though, she was so beautiful now it would have left me speechless if I wasn't so surprised she was here.

To be completely honest though, I was really happy she was here, something about it made my heart feel at ease. But seeing her, however, reminded me of how much I had done to her and where we left off the last time.

"Well then, I just wanted to let you know I'm around here, I'll be out of your way now," she smiled at me and waved, "I'll be around if you need me!"

"Wait, let's talk for a while," I stopped her.

She turned back and seemed pretty happy that I wanted to talk, but problem was I didn't know what to talk about, I just wanted to talk to her like any normal person did. "So," I started, "how goes it?"

She giggled at the simplicity of the question, she was really cute actually... "I wouldn't say it's the best as you can see what my predicament is, but I think it can be fun!"

"Yeah, it's always a blast with these idiots," I muttered sarcastically.

"I take it you don't like being here?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Who would?" I realized I had completely let her see the more normal part of myself and let my guard down. "Everyone is weak and always fails to do their job."

She frowned at that last part and rolls her eyes, "yeah that was so convincing." Of course she noticed. "Drop the act, doesn't work with me."

It pretty much was useless, no matter how much I lied to her, she would always see right through me, as a kid, and even now when we haven't had an actual conversation for about nine long years. I missed having someone as sweet as her, I could always give myself a break around her and maybe that's sort of what I need.

But then again, why would someone like me ever deserve a break, and from her too. I took her family when she had already lost it once before. I sighed and just looked down to the floor in guilt, what right did I have to receive any sort of forgiveness from her?

I heard her take a couple steps towards me and let out a barely audible chuckle. I felt her hand gently holding my face and pulled it up to look into her kind eyes.

"I don't blame you, I never did. I know for a fact there's some truth behind it all, and I may not know what it is and I don't need you to tell me, but I want you to know that I'm also here to fulfill my promise to you, okay?" she gave me an adorable closed eye smile.

In that moment, I just stared at her, what was there to say to her? I felt my heart breaking all over again like it had that night, the lump forming in my throat. It could only take this girl to say the simple words "I don't blame you" to make me feel billions of emotions that had been locked in the very depths of my heart.

I asked, "how do you still have the heart to forgive me?"

She put her hands on her hips and thought about it a little, "I'd never have the heart to hate you, and I don't want to! Remember I was the one who said we can't let this world be driven by hatred and revenge."

"But..why? Sasuke hates me, why can't you?"

"Because no matter what happens, you were always my hero Itachi." It was the way she said my name, with such a soft and kind voice, it almost made me like my own name.

For the first time in just about forever, I couldn't help but smile just a little, even if it was in front of her. However, the smile went away when she suddenly slammed her fist on my stomach.

"That's what you get for torturing your little brother! You guys are family!" she scolded. I just nodded, holding my aching stomach, not being able to say anything because of all the air knocked out of me.

"Un-der-stand?" she glared at me. She was eerily similar to Kiyoko, she even has the glare down.

"Y-yes," I managed to choke out.

Her previous glare turned into another adorable giggle, "alrighty then!" She walked up to me and helped me to the bed to which I laid down on. She took off the forehead protector and kissed my head, much to my surprise. "You should rest up, you look tired!" she smiled one last time and walked out of my room.

I placed my hand in my head and stared at the ceiling for a while. Yuyan, in the Akatsuki huh? This little talk with her made me the happiest person in the world right now, me the traitor and murderer, a hero?

I chuckled a little at the thought of her million dollar smile. Maybe before I left this world I'd be a little happier with myself, I'm pretty glad she was here and was genuinely thankful for the little girl I rescued that day.

Wait did Deidara call her hot?

..hell no.