Reconilliaction

Obitos POV

With the battle finally over, the alliance was finally able to take a breather. They took their time to heal the wounded and search around for others who may have been lost in debris from everything going on.

There was so much joy and happiness, Naruto was able to properly say goodbye to his father, we were waiting for Yuyan to wake up to say her final words to her own family.

I was very far from the crowd. I know I didn't belong there, I knew I would spend the rest of my life perhaps in a jail cell. If I ever saw the light of day after today, it would be a gift I didn't deserve. I should have died, probably.

"How are you holding out?" Ren showed up, I flinched at his voice, not hearing him even approach me.

"Fine. I'm glad things are over, for all of us."

Ren sat next to me, the sun was rising through the mountains and we were silent for a moment.

"You were so much like me," I spoke, "but you were so young."

"Experience is a good substitute for age sometimes," he chuckled.

"I owe Yuyan everything. Everyone owes her everything. Nothing can amount to the sacrifices that she has made for ending this conflict. But, Ren, she's going to be alone."

Ren looked down in dismay and sighed. We were silent again until he asked a question, "do me a favor, will you? Please look after her for me."

"I won't be able to. I'm gonna be rotting in a jail cel for the rest of my life probably. I'm sorry I cannot do even that for you."

"Oh come on, you have some powerful friends and helping take down Madara night give you some points too."

"I don't think so. I've been the reason for all of their suffering, there isn't much I can do to make up for that...unless..."

"Unless?" Ren tilted his head.

I stood up and remembered a gift Yuyan had given me that could change everything, change her whole life.

Ren stood up, looking at me confused like. "Care to explain?"

"Ren! You are going to take care of Yuyan yourself!" I shook his shoulders.

"I'm dead?! How do you expect me to do that," he laughed.

Before I could explain, Hisen soared into our conversation on to Ren's shoulder. "I might be able to help with that."

Yuyan's POV

I was in a dream of some sort. I was in the woods and there were people walking away from me, like they were slowly making their way somewhere.

Is this what the afterlife is?

"Did I die again?"

"No, I don't think so. But I believe that's where these people are headed," I heard someone by my side, it was Obito Uchiha.

I glanced around and saw people in uniforms from all the five villages. There were many who were lost today.

"Had you and you family not been here, these gates would be flooded with your comrades, but you have saved us many losses," he pat my head. Something about him seemed...relieved.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

He smiled, "I brought you here, you will be back soon."

We both looked forward at the shinobi who had given their lives today. "You died didn't you?"