Goodbye and Good luck

This part has been edited to change things up a bit, sorry for changing it like mid story but it's basically the same thing, just a little different, thanks for reading y'all!

Yuyan's POV

It had been three days since I left Kirigakure. For three days I have been aimlessly wandering around trying to figure out what to do with myself.

I thought I had it figured out, I really didn't.

I sat near a river just staring at my reflection an remembering everything. The gray eyes, the soft brown hair, the silky voice, the warmth, the smile, everything.

I didn't have a single facial expression, I was blank and I thought to myself I should probably smile, but I couldn't being myself to it even after the encouraging words from Akito and Yukute. It's not like I could go back and I know he had his reasons, but that gives me enough reason to be sad.

I felt empty. Ryohei hadn't talked for days, I think she might be leaving me alone for now since I still feel her there. Maybe she didn't know what to say, or maybe she was still asleep from the fight with Pein even after all this time. That must be it since I couldn't control my chakra. Who knows what he did, but that was the least of my worries.

The wind blew through my hair and I watched as my reflection was ruined in the ripples of the river. It must have been my imagination, but I saw my mother staring back at me. Even if it was stupid of me, I reacted to it in the most childish way. I actually reached out to her and just fell inside the water.

It felt like a dream. What was ironic was that I reacted to something that was real but didn't react to the fact that I couldn't swim. I saw the sky in above me, the water current making the sky seem to move around. I saw the bubbles if air rising above the water and disappearing like any thoughts of the fact that I might die here.

Sad part was, I didn't think anything of it.

I felt my lungs were about to burst, but I still didn't do anything. I closed my eyes and just sort of waited until I didn't know anything anymore. Everything went sort of black and u felt the moments between life and death, then suddenly I was pulled back up to the top.

"What the hell are you thinking Yuyan?!"

I couldn't really register who was in front of me, I was too dizzy and lightheaded.

"Answer me! Hey! Are you okay?!" I felt several very soft slaps on my cheek. "Yuyan fucking answer!" I was put back on the surface where the cold hit me like a train and I began to shiver. That's when I nodded back to a figure with black eyes, long black hair, and a familiar good looking face.

"I-Itachi?"

"What were you thinking Yuyan?! Why would you try to do that to yourself?!" he yelled and shook me as he held me on his lap.

"I still can't swim," I croaked, "I fell in." I smiled at him, slightly falling asleep in the process.

"Hey don't fall asleep now, where have you been?! What happened to you?"

I couldn't answer, I was too tired and a little too lifeless at the moment I mean I almost died and he wants me to answer him like right now. Sorry, even if I wanted to I couldn't physically talk and couldn't emotionally put the pieces together.

I'm a mess, I know it.

Itachi's POV

She had eventually just fallen asleep in my arms. I didn't know what to think when I saw it happen. It's like she just let herself drown without a care in the world. What even happened to her while she was gone?