My Letter to you

Yuyan's POV

You know that one decision you make where everything is perfect at first until you start considering what would have happened if you chose the other path?

That's basically me.

With Naruto gone, I haven't really talked to many people. Hisui and Kiyoko are busy and I can't really look at Kiyoko in the eye after...yeah...

She knew I had been avoiding her because she asked but I just told her I felt bad that I knew Itachi would go into the fight with Sasuke knowing he would die and I didn't do anything about it. I felt horrible.

Speaking about feeling horrible, I've just been thinking about Sasuke and how bad I let him down. But I also thought it was fine since he did the same thing, but you also shouldn't do things back to those you love, so in the end of the day me and Sasuke are equally crappy.

I felt myself wanting to talk to Sasuke, so I was motivated to write him a letter, Hisen would find a way to get it to him anyway.

Finally, I sat up from the couch I had been sitting on all day and got to writing this letter.

"Deeeeear Sasuke...."

Sasuke's POV

"Why is the Hidden Cloud village so FUCKING far?!" Suigetsu complained.

"Maybe you're just lazy," Karin retorted as always.

I was tired of them, I was tired of everything at this point. Everything seems so pointless and all I want to do is destroy everything but when I think about it, that seems pointless too.

I lost everything, Itachi, Yuyan. Who knows where she went, but she was gone from my grasp once again. Knowing she was somewhere out there made me want to go look for her instead of waisting my time trying to find the eight tails jinchuuriki.

Just my luck though, a bird with silver wings flew my way with a small package attached to its leg.

"For you Mr. Uchiha Sir."

"Woah that bird can talk?!" Suigetsu ran to me and the bird.

"Summoning animals can talk, bimbo." He left the note and off he flew into the sky.

Before even opening the letter I knew it was Yuyan, she was the only one who could summon intelligent birds.

"I'll be back," I walked away from the group.

"Where are you going Sasuke-kun?!" Karin ran to me.

"Over there, don't follow me," I waved her away, she was even more annoying than even Sakura ever was.

Quickly, I opened the letter to see it was really addressed by the one and only, Yuyan Hane.

Hey Sasuke, how are you?

I'm doing pretty well in case you were wondering. I don't know where you currently are but wherever that may be, I hope you're not in danger or putting yourself in another troublesome situation.

I'm sure by now you know about Itachi and the sacrifice he made, I know that they would tell you after the fight. He also told me the truth, but asked me to respect his decisions and I hope you do too.

Right now, I'm back at Konoha and everything is about the same as ever. Everything still smells like old wood and nature, but it's a smell I love and I know you did too.

I want you to know I'm sorry for leaving you that day. I could have been there for you but I also want to tell you that I've had a lot on my mind too.

So many things have happened these past couple of months while I was with the Akatsuki. Just in case you didn't know, they kidanapped me.

I'm sort of dragging this on a lot but I really want to see you Sasuke and I want to sit down and talk about our journey and just have a nice conversation ya know?

It may not mean much, but I swear everything will be okay.

You're free to come home, these doors are always open to you. I miss you Sasuke

With love,
Yuyan Hane

Of course she was in Konoha, I almost laughed at my irony. Call it Yuyan's great influence, but thinking of her makes me feel like I should be better, because in the end it's one of Itachi's wishes was to protect her so that she may be happy because it's what she deserves.

But Konoha...

They're the ones who made Itachi carry that mission all on his own. Shisui is also dead just because of them. Why should I go back and worship the same people they do when they don't even know half the story of what happeded.

I asked myself how Yuyan can even choose to go back to Konoha after everything they did to Itachi. But then again, the two were the same. They tried to fight for the greater good and apparently to them it was Konoha.

I started second guessing myself and questioned what exactly I was doing going to Kumogakure for.

To destroy Konoha..

But did I really want to? I would fight Yuyan, I'm sure she would protect Konoha to the death.

Yuyan was like Itachi's memento. He was the one who saved her when she was only five and he practically raised her in Konoha and we grew up with her. Without Yuyan my life was empty. She was the stars in my dark nights and my rainbow at the end of a rainy day.

I remembered them. All the memories we had as a child even with Naruto. We were all a happy family, all broken but we stuck together and we stuck close no matter what.

Was I the one who broke those bonds? Was it my fault that we fell apart?

"No," I told myself. It's Konoha, it's that man Danzo who stole the life of Shisui and left Itachi with no choice. He terrorized our peaceful life and used Yuyan as an experiement and nearly stole her life as a child.

The world wasn't a safe place with him, not Konoha or the other four nations.

I folded the letter and tried to put it back in the envelope, but I saw something else in there.

It was a picture of Yuyan, Itachi, and behind them, Kisame who was caught off guard. Yuyan had her million dollar smile ans Itachi with a content smirk on his face. He looked the way he did when we were happy children.

Who knew any of this would happen to us?

I took Yuyan's words to heart because I feel that they are also Itachi's words. Where ever Yuyan is will feel more at home, even if that place is Konoha.

However, I will not ignore the fact that I have a burning hatred for that man.

I walked back to my team who, of course, were arguing once again. "Let's keep going," I ordered, "We're not going to capture the eight tails jinchuuriki, there's been a change to the plan."

"Did you get some drugs in that letter or something?" Suigetsu was surprised.

"Not that, it was something very important to me. We're changing our objective from now on."

"So no destroying Konoha?" Juugo questioned.

"No, we're going to annihilate Danzo Shimura, the head of Konoha's anbu."