Ren the Genius

Itachi's POV

I had successfully released myself from the edo-tensei using Shisui's eye. I had planned on implanting it to Naruto in case Sasuke turned against the village, but this might be a better use for it.

Bee, Naruto, and I finished sealing Nagato, but now the only problems left were Ren and Yuyan's previous lover...or whatever you want to call him. My plan was to go stop the edo-tensei user, but these fellows were in the way. We had come to assist Yuyan, but both of them were much stronger than I anticipated. Especially Ren, he had some weird jutsus and a strange taijutsu style I had never seen before.

In short, I didn't know what to expect from him.

"Naruto, you have to go to the battle field. People are depending on you to help. You're their only hope for defeating the white zetsu. A friend of mine is at the medical camp but all the other divisions need you!" Yuyan demanded while Bee held off the both her brother and Johann. He was certainly a formidable shinobi as well.

"But Yu-chan these guys are strong!" he argued.

"And I'm strong too Naruto, I'll be fine, I'm a Hane after all and a Hane-"

"Never loses," Naruto and I repeated the words she has said a billion times. He turned to me and laughed, I smirked back at him.

"Yeah, exactly that! So get moving Naruto I'm gonna be okay," she gave him a thumbs up and the million dollar smile I hadn't seen literally since death.

"But if a Hane never loses, what about your brother?!" Naruto scratched his head, confused at her contradictory remark.

"I-I mean," she sweatdropped and thought for a moment but couldn't come up with an excuse, "OH JUST GO! IM NOT GONNA LOSE AGAINST MY DEAD BROTHER!"

"That doesn't sound very convincing," Naruto teased her.

Yuyan slapped her hands on his shoulder and shook him, "I told you I'd watch over you until you became Hokage and I don't plan on going back on that promise!" She extended her fist to him and he smiled, trusting his friends she would come back.

"By the way, that sharky guy told me to tell you this if I saw you again," he pointed at her dramatically, "you're a brave girl, I believe in you!" She smiled solemnly in respect to Kisame. I admittedly felt some remorse upon hearing he had passed away. The two of us were excommunicated from our villages for fulfilling our duty, but killing comrades in the process. I believe Kisame deserved much more than living the life of a criminal. Maybe I did too, but both of us will see each other in the afterlife.

"Thanks for passing on the message, now get out there and kick some ass, hero!"

He seemed flustered by the name, but he gave her a thumbs up, "I got this! Bee, let's get going to the battle field!"

"Yo,yo, I was just having some fun with these bums now my time is done, fools ya fools," he did his little dance and ran off with Naruto, leaving Yuyan and I to face the last two here.

"Alright don't seal Ren, he has some kind of plan the Hisen is preparing but we have to hold off until he's ready. I'm not sure what it is, but Ren asked to take the kunai that's implanted by the edo-tensei user out of his head, otherwise the plan won't work."

"Your brother plans to free himself from the edo-tensei?" I questioned. Honestly I thought Shisui's kotoamatsukami was the only thing powerful enough to do that.

"Yeah basically, Hisen has the power to control the spirit of dead blah, blah, blah cant explain it right now but I need your help Itachi ni-san!"

She hadn't called me that in a long time. The moment she did I felt a wave of memories crashing into my brain. I remembered all the great times I had with the people I loved in Konoha and felt the need to protect their future. Although I would not be in it, I hope that they can all be happy in a peaceful world.