Ran Hane

Sasuke's POV

Missions for Orochimaru were so annoying, I was like his fucking dog or something. I'm sure he had plenty of people to ask to do these tasks for him, but no I was the one who had to do them.

I just finished a mission right now to retrieve some stupid scroll that will apparently make Orochimaru even more "immortal" that he already is. Stupid. Currently, I was walking through some small random village on my way back to the hideout.

Always with the picture of her in my pocket, I would often think of her at times like this when I was annoyed with everyone and everything. She always had this way of keeping me calm when everything was pissing me off.

Yeah, I still thought of her most of the time, her words or encouragement whenever there was something I couldn't do. It was annoying to be around people as pushy as Kabuto and as creepy as Orochimaru once you get use to people in Konoha, but none of it really mattered, at least now I was stronger and ready to fight that man. Maybe then I'll actually be able to see Yuyan again.

I wonder what she looked like now? Naruto and Sakura had changed, but Yuyan wasn't there with them, and of course if I asked it would seem like I actually cared, but I'd see her soon.

While walking through the crowded village, a strange hooded person bumped into me and shook it off as if it wasn't anything. Now that pissed me off about people, especially because it was their fault. If I were her, I would just forget about it right?

I closed my eyes and sighed, but once I opened my eyes, the crowded villagers were no longer present and the sun had set, leaving the sky completely dark. All that stood before me was the cloaked hooded figure that bumped into me.

Genjutsu?

I attempted everything I could to get out of it, but none of it was any use. "Uchiha Sasuke," the hooded person had a stern and silky voice, definitely a woman. "I've made my observations on you."

"Who are you?" I questioned and unsheathed my sword.

"It's a genjutsu, that's useless," she waved it off, "anyways, have you heard the news?"

News?

I raised an eyebrow while also continuing to glare at her. She held up the photo of Yuyan that I could have sworn I had a moment ago, "you were so close to her weren't you?" she mused, "this is a beautiful picture, she was even more gorgeous her last day."

Last day?

"It's a shame you haven't heard, I don't really want to be the one to break it to you since she was so precious to you right?"

"Spill it!"

She sighed, "Yuyan was killed by two members of the Akatsuki, one named Hidan, and another Kakuzu." Killed? KILLED?

"You're lying, who are you anyways?!" the lady slowly took off her hood to reveal a lady with an uncanny resemblance to Yuyan. The long white hair was replaced with short black hair, and the bright blue eyes with golden eyes which resembled that of a hawk's. Otherwise, they were almost identical. Of course, I wasn't stupid and I could make the obvious connection

"Ran Hane.."

She chuckled, "of course she told you about me, you two were extremely close after all."

"What are you talking about?! She isn't dead!"

"What I tell you is the truth," there was no way of denying the look in her eye, one identical to Yuyan's, honest. But how could I even come close to believe it? Yuyan, dead, her, the most perfect person there ever was, no longer in this world? The sudden news hit me like a fireball to the face. What she said next however was enough to make me snap, "you should have been there to save her."