The Time Before Us

Yuyan's POV

Okay so I don't really know what's going on or what the point of this all standing before us were the previous four kage: the fourth, Naruto's father, the third, the second, and hailed first Hokage. Now that I think of it, I actually have his cells in my body thanks to Orochimaru.

They all looked super dead with the edo-tensei, but something about still being in their presence just gave me chills. Even in death you can sense their power, Karin being the only other sensor seemed to feel it as well when she took a deep gulp. No one else seemed interested but my guess was they didn't have much respect for them.

At first, they didn't seem to give us much attention.

"Umm, what's going on?" the First Hokage seemed confused.

"He undid the death reaper seal and used the edo-tensei again?" the third questioned as he looked at his revived form.

"Wow how did you manage that Orochimaru?" the fourth questioned.

"Don't underestimate me Minato. Once I lost my ability to perform jutsu I spent my downtime researching documents and texts on how I could possibly reverse the seal," he answered.

"Seems like we have been revived, First," the fourth turned to the first.

He leaned forward and raised his eyebrow with a questioning face, "who the hell are you?"

The fourth did kind of an 'oh, right' face and turned around to show him the cloak he was wearing that said "fourth Hokage".

"Holy crap we have a fourth?! So the village has been holding up well right?" he seemed very excited.

"Well I can't really attest for that, I was actually sealed before the third you see."

"So who is the fifth Hokage then?!"

Orochimaru butted in the conversation ,"your granddaughter, Tsunade."

His mood seemed to drop a billion floors, "Tsunade...huh? Is...is the village still standing?"

"You have such little faith in her," the fourth sweatdropped.

And suddenly his mood went back to normal as he let out a boisterous laugh, "it's just because she was my first granddaughter so I spoiled her rotten! She even picked up my bad gambling habits!" I kinda liked him, he was really cheery but seemed to have some kind of emotional imbalance, he was kinda weird, but likeable nevertheless.

They talked on for a little while but I just dozed off because I wanted to get this over with.

I leaned over to Sasuke, "why are we doing this?"

"I have to hear."

"Hear what exactly?"

"I have to know what a shinobi is really meant to be, to know why Itachi made the decision he made and sacrificed himself for years," he replied very seriously. I knew he was desperately searching for an answers that will help him come to a decision on how he should live his life from here on out.

"Alright, I'll be here for you." I assured him and he nodded.

He turned to the four hokage again and finally introduced himself "I'm Sasuke Uchiha, and there are a few things I need to know."

"Sasuke?! That's you?" the third seemed surprised, did he really not recognize him? Or me? I was a little offended, but maybe it's death.

"Do you remember me too Sandaime?" I spoke up as well.

"Of course I do, Yuyan you look wonderful yourself," he smiled, I was very happy to see him actually.

"Wish I could say the same. I never got the chance to, so thank you for everything you had done for me," I bowed my head forward. He patted my head and I felt like a small child again. After this, I walked to the man I recognized as Minato Namikaze, the fourth Hokage and Naruto's FATHER.