A Turn for the Worst

"Ka-san, when is ni-san and Masaru-san coming home?"

"I'm not sure, but they've been gone for quite a while haven't they?" Ran stated as she combed Yuyan's hair into a pony tail.

"I hope they come back with a way out."

"That would be great wouldn't it? Someday we can see the whole world together! You, me, and our family!"

"Masaru-san, and Chiaki too?"

"Oh but of course!" Ran sang, "they're our family too!" Yuyan nodded happily as her mother finished combing her hair. "Okay, what do you want to do today Yuyan? I have the day off!" Ran cheered.

"I wanna go on an adventure!"

"Alright, we'll do that! Where do you want to go?"

"Let's go to the forest! I've never been there and ni-san and ne-chan say it's fun!"

"Then that's where we'll go!" Ran and her adorable daughter walked out the house and to the forest that divided the village and a large river valley. "So why did you want to come to the forest?"

"I wanna see it and pick the fruits in there," she smiled. Ran laughed and led her daughter inside, telling her stories of how she use to often go to the forest and also pick the fruit herself.

"I met your dad here you know?" Ran laughed picking a star fruit from a tree.

"Ooooh, how?"

"You see that lime tree over there?" she pointed at said tree. Yuyan nodded her head, "well one day I was here picking limes of course and he just randomly came one day and started helping me pick them," she gave a nostalgic chuckled. "And after we were done he said he'd carry the bag, but when I handed it to him he dropped it!"

Yuyan laughed, "papa is still clumsy!"

"Yes, he is! Anyways, we both started picking them up and after we were done he said, "sorry, I'm bad at pick up limes!"" Yuyan and her mother laughed at the man's terrible pick up line. "After that, we just started to talk a lot and eventually, as the head of the clan, I chose to marry him even though my father didn't really agree on it."