The Offer?

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling as if all the life had been drained out of me. Well...it practically had, but why am I not dead? Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to die and we all know why, but really, how many times has this happened already?

I was in a strange, gloomy room. Not much to it, just the bed I was laying on, what appeared to be a desk, and a bathroom. I tried to get up and almost yelled in pain. "Yeap, that hurts." I managed to walk to the bathroom to see I looked quite horrible.

Apparently someone had changed me, quite strange. I had some of those ninja sweats and a white long sleeved shirt that fit pretty big, underneath I was covered in bandages, of course from the wound I received earlier.

"I'm gonna kill that guy when I find him!" I smashed my fist in the table. But back to reality, where am I? I stared at the door for quite a while, maybe they expected me to come out?

Who kidnapped me again? The Akatsuki?

Itachi...

I ran out of the room and saw a giant maze of dark hallways, wow, just my luck huh. I sighed and began to quietly walk through them, hoping I didn't run into anyone else. It was quiet, too quiet. Maybe people here don't interact much? Or maybe they're on missions?

I stopped and began to sense for nearby chakra, it appeared there were a couple of them gathered in one single room, Itachi's nor his partner's chakra was present though. I was skeptical about going, what would they do to me if I wasn't really welcome?

"Snooping around?" a deep voice suddenly broke from behind me. I jumped at turned around to see a man with spiky orange hair and piercings all over his face, his eyes had a rippled pattern...wait is that the rinnegan? Jiraiya-sama told me about those eyes once.

There was a lady standing next to him too, she was quite beautiful actually and sort of tall. She had these bright amber eyes and short blue hair. The both, however, wore Akatsuki cloaks and I could sense their chakra was strong. "U-umm hi?" I chuckled not knowing what else to say.

The lady smiled at me and stuck out her hand, "I presume you're Yuyan right?" I nodded and shook her hand, "my name is Konan, pleased to meet you!" She seemed really nice, maybe people here weren't so bad?

The other man however just screamed "evil dictator". He was quite intimidating actually, but I had so many ways to make fun of the guy! Over the past years, as you can probably tell, I've developed somewhat of an aloof personality.

Thanks Ryuu-sama...

"I'm Pein, the leader of the Akatsuki, you will address me as such."

"Address you as such? I'm not even in the Akatsuki! Why would I want to be, Pein?" I spoke rather sarcastically.

"Come with me, I have a proposition for you," he ordered. I thought why not, there's nothing else I can really do, running wasn't an option either. We went inside a large room that appeared to be an office or study of some sort. "Sit." I took the seat in front of his desk as instructed.

"Nice place ya got," I nodded.

"Ran Hane," he began, what did he know? I gritted my teeth and glared at him, "I take it that caught your attention."

"How do you know her? Where is she?!"

"Don't get too far ahead young Hane, I still haven't finished." I clenched my fists and heard him go on, "she's quite the nuisance I should say. Destroying about seven of our bases, foiling several of our plans, wounding and incapacitating several of our members for long periods of time. We want her eliminated just as bad as you do."