A Little Hope

Yuyan's POV

"Can I just go to my room already?"

"Sorry kid, we have to watch you, everyone assumed you'd pull something like that."

"Where's Itachi?"

"You're close with that guy?" for once Hidan didn't use any cuss words in a sentence.

"He kinda raised me."

Kakuzu sighed and slapped a hand over his face, "I feel like I'm watching a five year old." I sighed as always and apologized. We all sat there in an awkward silence until Hidan's stomach grumbled.

"Make something to eat!" he ordered. I didn't feel like arguing, so I just got up and walked to the bleak kitchen. I just felt so empty now, I had been okay with these people for the time I was here, but I didn't know they could be so...indifferent. Maybe it's just me exaggerating a little.

I began to cut up some ingredients to make simple rice balls since I wasn't in any mood to make something so grand. However, making these rice balls sort of reminded me of home when Sasuke and Naruto would always take my food because it was "great." I wonder if the people here appreciated my food?

It was such a simple thought that made Konoha and Sasuke look so far away, as if the distance between us was just growing larger and larger every minute I was here. I wanted to see Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi-sensei, Hisui, Kiyoko, and Jiraiya-sama. They were all such wonderful people and here I am, making food for S-rank criminals, completely against my will I should add.

I over thought it, and I knew because I started crying again. Again, again, and again no matter how many times I told myself not to, my feelings betrayed me. The shinobi rule of "do not show your feelings" was almost foreign to me. I was officially...homesick.

The tears just endlessly rolled down my face just about the whole time I was making the riceballs, the blurriness in my vision was enough to make me cut my finger with the knife. "Get it together!" I slapped myself a couple times, and wiped all the tears, forcing myself to stop crying.

I took a deep shaky sigh, "alright!" I summed up all my pride and took the rice balls in a wooden tray. However, when I turned around, the rice balls all fell to the floor the moment I crashed into someone's hard chest. And that's when I totally lost it, as if the rice balls were the last of my pride and dignity I had just gathered.

Without even looking at who it was, I knelt down and picked up the rice balls while sobbing and letting out hiccups here and there.

"W-woah, I'm really sorry, I was just walking over to see if you were fine since I saw ya crying," it was a deep unfamiliar voice, but I didn't bother looking up. "U-umm here, let me help out." The man croutched down and began to help me pick up the rice balls until we were all done. I wiped my eyes dry again, they had begun to burn because of all the wiping, and I could feel them getting puffy and swollen from all the crying.

I was like a child, crying and crying to their heart's content.

"I didn't mean to drop all your food, it looked delicious," he stood up straight with the tray of now useless riceballs, "ah sorry I haven't formally, introduced myself, I'm Kisame Hoshigaki, Itachi-san's partner."

I looked up to him and finally saw the shark like features I had previously seen before. I remembered the time he called me "brat" at Konoha and gave me another wound on my arm. "Hey, have we met?" he questioned.

I sweat dropped at his apparent oblivion to my identity. "Sort of...umm I was present when you went to Konoha and fought Asuma and Kurenai," I attempted to jog his memory.