A New Era

"Wake up!!" the shrill voice of a little girl yelled at Yuyan who was sleeping like a bear in hibernation.

Yuyan made absolutely no movement or any sign that she would be up any time soon.

The young girl rolled her eyes and sighed, choosing to resort to a plan she didn't want to. But desperate times called for desperate measures.

She hopped onto the bed and began to roll Yuyan off the bed until she finally hit the ground, causing her to jump to her feet in shock.

"Huh?!" she turned to the small, black haired, blue eyed child who was snickering on her bed. "Kaida! What was that for?"

Kaida rolled her eyes, "did you forget what day it is? Look at the time!" She pointed her small finger to a clock on Yuyan's nightstand. For a child who was only 6 years old, she packed a heavy attitude.

It took the stark headed woman a moment to remember what the special occasion was before running out the door yelling "I overslept!!" She raced down the steps of the rather large home and dashed through the hallway to the entrance to see a young boy putting on his shoes, ready and packed to head out the door.

"Oh, you're awake," he smiled. The sunlight bounced off his stark white hair and was absorbed in his deep, obsidian eyes. "Kaida and I made breakfast. I didn't want to wake you since you got back from your mission late."

Yuyan sighed in relief, "where's your brother?"

"He went out to play with his friends after eating breakfast."

"I'm glad I get to see you off at least. Are you ready for your first mission? You excited?" Yuyan asked excitedly, snooping in his backpack to make sure he has all the tools he needs for survival.

"I guess so."

"I remember my first mission was catching a lost cat, you're lucky you get something cool like an escort mission!" Yuyan mused as she ruffed the young boy's hair.

"I guess so..." he pat his hair down.

Yuyan smiled at him, reaching her hands to his face and gently averting his gaze to hers, "you are going to do great. Use good judgement, take caution, and-"

"Trust in your comrades?" he finished for her and bowed in respect, "I will try my best. Thank you for your guidance."

"Niiii-saaaaan!!!" Kaida came running from the hall and attacked her older brother who was 12 years old and recently graduated from the academy. He tumbled back a little, muttering "woah" under his breath, then removing her from his neck and placing her down gently.

"Good luck!! If you die I'm getting your room!" the small, devilish child laughed mischievously.

"Kaida!" Yuyan reprimanded.

Kaida rolled her eyes and responded, "I'm kidding, mama..."

The young boy gets down on one knee, smiling at his little sister, "if you take my room my spirit is going to pull your feet at night. You should have some more confidence in me."

Kaida stuck out her tongue and ran towards her room, "bring me back a souvenir from Iwagakure!!"

"I'll be off now. I'm going to pick up my team and we will be leaving at noon," he nodded as he slid the door open.

"Stay safe, Hakuoh," Yuyan waved him off, "give your regards to your uncle Ren, the Tsuchikage and your cousin Rin!"

"I will, thank you oka-san."

Moments later, while Yuyan ate what was left of the breakfast her eldest and youngest had made, she was joined by her second child who came back with scratches on his face and a few tears in his eyes.