Ch. 41: Amia The Satyr; Adopted by Apollo

(Amia's point of view)

I stood by the lake with two of my adopted siblings, Kagay and Raven Zabini. The twins were hiding behind a pair of trees so Alsès could not see them. My best friend had no idea that the Zabini twins were at Camp and not at Witch University in Halloween Town like they had told her.

"Do you see them Mi?" Kagay asked, whispering. "Who's 'Mi'?... Oh, never mind." Raven whispered. "Shh, their coming!" I told them whispering. I acted like I was trying to figure out how dangerous it was for me to get in one of the coynes by myself.

"Amia!" Alsès ran straight to me, knocking us both into the lake. "Sorry Mi." Alsès said as I spit out water like I was a fountain. "It's fine, just get us to dry land Al. I can't swim well." Alsès washed me to the bank and my brother Will helped me out. "You okay sis?" He asked me. "Yeah, just a little washed up." I joked, Will laughed. Alsès flew out of the water and landed beside us. "Want me to dry you off?" She asked, her hand in flames. "Painless and harmless?" I asked. "Won't even hurt your clothes, especially since you and Anaiya have to where shirts and shirts all the time." Alsès explained smiling at me.

"Go right ahead, my fairy friend." I said raising my arms, this was also the sign for the twins to come out form there hiding spots. Alsès walked around me heating my clothes until I was dry. Then, Alsès shook dry, like a wolf. "All dry!" Alsès said smiling. "Oh, sorry." Alsès said seeing that Will and I were all wet. The three of us laughed.

"Surprise!" Raven and Kagay yelled jumping out from behind the trees. "Aahh!" Alsès screamed, blasting a hole where she stood a moment ago. "Oops. Did I do that?" She asked healing the land with her Earth powers. I have never heard how the Black family is able to control the elements, Alsès and her twin brother Alister especially with all of the elements.

"You will not believe what I had found out like a month ago!" Alsès squealed hugging the twins, but talking to all four of us. "What now?" Will asked her. The last time this happened he was asked to watch the snake that is now wrapped around his ankle.

"Alister and I are the new Avatars. it's a long story, but on my father's side we are descendents of Avatar Aang and Avatar Raychel is my grandfather Billy's sister. Aunt Raychel passed away the same time frame that Aly and I were born. That's actually how the avatar thing works, when one dies the next one is born." With Alsès telling us that I just have a lot of questions.

"And for twins, will you guys die at the same time so the next Avatar can be born?" I asked. "Or is it two different Avatars now?" Will asked her. "Is the next Avatar born when the second one dies?" Raven asked. "Okay, I'm pretty sure Alsès has no clue how this Avatar thing works especially since there are two this time." Kagay helped a very overwhelmed Alsès. The thing is, I didn't see that she was overwhelmed until Raven asked her question. Usually Raven Zabini is not that dumb.

"Your ring? Al, were is your ring cousin?" Kagay asked her. "Bro, it's right here. Do you really think that I would let AlyKat hold on to her rings when she has no pockets?" Will asked him. "Brother. Alsès is wearing leggings, she does not have pockets." Raven informed her twin.

I know that the Zabinis and the Blacks were born during the very late 1800ths to the very early 1900ths, but they know how to speak like modern kids! I mean, Nico di Angelo can do it, and Hazel is starting to. Most of the time they us language that was popularly used when they were little. The funny thing is, they never had something happen to them. Unless you count being born part vampire. It is weird that they act like modern kids, but talk like people did back when they were born. The oldest campers by far!

"Mi, Mi! Earth to Amia Peters. Come in Amia." Someone snapped me out of my thoughts. "Sorry" I told them. They just laughed. Modern clothes, body language, and well modern everything but modern verbal language. "It scares me sometimes when they look normal but speak differently." I said into Will's ear. "What, Amia I don't understand what your saying." He told me. "I'm scared." I told him again. Bascila slithered over to Alsès and up her leg to her shoulder. "Let's get you to the satyr cabins to rest." He told me, we walked away from there.

"What happened sis? Alsès and her family, scaring you? Since when?" Will asked, kneeling in front of my bunk that I shared with Anaiya. "Always, different times." I told him. "What's going on with Mi?" Grover Underwood asked coming down from the top bunk of the bed to the right of mine, well if you are facing the first bunk bed on the left. "Hey Amia, have you ever wondered if you are from a different world? A world that normally has both male and female satyrs or fawns." Grover asked me.

"What? I know that I was adopted by my mother and when she had my sisters Apollo adopted me. Although I was already at Camp, but it is nice to have both parents; even if I am adopted on both sides." I told him. "Hey! You are still my sister. Adopted or not, you are my sister and more than that you are my friend." Will told me, now sitting on my bunk hugging me.

"Are you afraid that they will end up making you like them?" Grover asked me. "That actually never occurred to me. It scares me when they start acting and talking like people did when they were little. Or when they talk about their tattoos from England that they were forced to get. Just the things like that." I explained.

"Amia, they would never harm anyone here unless it was for a joke, or if they were being attacked. They are the best monsters I know, they are like Percy and Jason. But you do have to remember that from the day they were born all the way to right now they have known what's going on, they do their best to adjust right away." Grover explained to me. "I know, it's just overwhelming." I told him.