Ch. 35: What?

After I got off the phone with my best friend I grabbed some of my art supplies and went down stairs. I sat down on the floor next to the coffee table.

"That's a cool looking book!" Sokka said staring at my drawing book. (This is what it looks like, it is actually mine. And my dad actually helped me make the cover.)

"What does it say?" Katara asked

"What does it say?" Katara asked. "All of our books say 'Pure Of Blood' it's the Black family 'motto' I guess. Our farther made them for us before he passed, and Jake made Henry and Killen's books for them." Jay said from the cut out in the wall between the kitchen and living room. "How did he pass away?" Aang asked. I got up, grabbed my stuff and left the house.

(Jay's point of view)

"I wish you didn't ask, Alsès had it the hardest. They were extremely close." I said with a huge sigh. "Sorry." Aang said sounding a little disappointed that he doesn't get to hear the story.

"It's okay. Our cousin Bellatrix shot a spell at Harry, our godfather; father pushed dad out of the way and got hit instead. Father was right in front of something that's called 'The Vale'. Father saved dad, but died himself. I ran away from the vale after that. Although I knew that not only my brother and sister needed me but Harry needed me too. I was not a very good big brother that day." I explained my side of our father's death. I then walked away and went to go to my room.

I walked past Alister and Bunny's room and then Henry and Killen's, both doors were closed. When I reached Alsès and Seth's room I saw Snuggles, Al's cat.

"Hey little sis, what are you up to?" I asked her. Snuggles ran into the room,  "why is the door open?" I asked Snuggles. I followed our cat into the room. "Hey what's this?" I asked the room. "Jay, your sister drew those. Don't you recognize them?" My father's picture said. It doesn't scare me to hear the 'random' voices anymore. "Yeah, she has drawn a lot of pictures. Some of places, some of people. What the!? That's Toph! And that's Sokka!" I said looking at the pictures laying on the bed.

"Yes Jay, your sister has definitely improved over the years

"Yes Jay, your sister has definitely improved over the years." My uncle Balefire said. "Toph's picture looks almost exactly like her!" I said out loud. "I'm proud of her. Maybe instead of magic school she should go to one for art." I said amazed at the drawings.

I heard footsteps, "hey, what are you doing in here?" Seth asked me. "I just followed Snuggs. Have you seen these?" I asked him. "She's good isn't she? I still have the one she drew of me like 19 years ago. It's not good, but now she has some talent." He replied with a smile and a slight laugh. Seth loves my little sister, I definitely will give him my blessing when he asks.

"Hey, I have a huge question for you." Seth warned me. "Ask away little bro!" I said with a smile on my face. "Do I have your permission to ask Al to marry me? Everyone else has said yes. Although, they all said that you and Sky would be the hardest to get to say yes." He told me. "Did they really say that? Well then, I guess I'm going to have to say-" I paused just long enough to get him mad, "-yes. You have my blessing to marry Alsès." I told him.

He hugged me, not a 'bro hug' but a real hug, a sibling hug. "Thank you Jay! You have no idea how much this means to me!" Seth had a huge smile on his face. "Do you want me to call Sky for you?" I asked him. "Oh, yeah, sure." I called Sky.

"Hey, Jaylyn! What's up little brother!?" Sky asked when he picked up. "I have my friend Seth here, you know Al's boyfriend? Well he has something to ask you." I told him. "Sure Seth, what's up little buddy?" My big 'brother' asked. "I want to ask Alsès to-" footsteps.

"Alsès, hey sissy, what are you doing here?" I asked her. Not convincingly at all. "Jay, I live here, and that is my room. Now let me in!" She said trying; and succeeding; to push past me.

"You know, I think toph was looking for you about two minutes ago, did she find you?" I did my best to block my mind. "Stop hiding what ever you are hiding from me! But if you want me to leave then I will leave!" She said leaving her room.

I stood in the door way, when Alsès was out of wolves ear shot I gave Seth a thumbs up. "I want to ask her to marry me. Is that okay with you?" Seth asked Sky. "Dude! I'm pretty sure you would marry my sister even if I said no. Of course you can, if she says yes." Sky laughed, but he was right. Alsès has to say yes.

(Alsès' point of view)

What are they talking about? It's my room too! Why would they not let me in? They know that I am the strongest creature in the world. I guess I'll just see if the gaang needs me, I hope they don't ask about daddy again.

"Hey guys!" I said getting off the stairs. "Hey," they all replied staring at our tv. Just then twins, Jane and Daphne walked into the room talking, followed by a running Rosslynn and an annoyed Blaise chasing after her.

"Hello my sweet sister." Daphne said. "Hey Daph!" I said giving my big sister a hug. "Hi Jane." I gave my other big sister a hug too. "Sister." Jane replied. "Al, do you happen to have a picture of father?" Daphne asked me. "I do, it's in my room but there is-" I was interrupted. "Hello my beautiful daughters." Daddy said to them. "Hello daddy." They said in unison. "Hello, Princess Astoria. How are you today little sis?" Daphne asked her. "Princess, give Daphne a hug." I told her. Princess put her paws on Daphne.

"Hi Snug-bug." I said as I picked up my calico cat. "Food!" Sokka and Jane said in unison. "You touch my cat, I kill you!" I told them holding her tightly. "Alsès, no one is going to touch that cat of yours! Everyone knows that Ginny got her for you, without Harry's permission." Alice said as she tried to take Snuggles but stopped when she was hissed at.

"Bad!" I told Snuggles as I gave her a light swat on the nose. She purred in to my shoulder. (Snuggles does not actually do this in real life.) Just then, Jay and Seth ran down the stairs.