Ch. 10: Here Comes The Human!

Artis, a quarter Native American (like me) and the daughter of the herbalist. The herbalist is the medic of a tribe. In our tribe the herbalist is Artis' dad, her mother died some time ago. She has a step mother and three older sisters and a young brother. They are all very sweet. Arty has said; every time we talk; that she wants to be the next tribe herbalist. Of course, she would be perfect for the job.

"Alsès, Carisle let me help figure out what was wrong with you, it was just a lack of blood intake." Artis informed me as she smiled down at me. She has always been a little envious of me but she is mostly glad just to have a friend who isn't normal, I'm glad just to have a friend who is normal.

"Thanks, I should of known." I laughed out. "Well, you did pass out. Seth brought you to your grandma's house. Your very lucky to have someone like him." Artis frowned a little. "Arty, you have Quil, you have  always had Quil, he will protect you as much as possible. You have heard all of the legends and all of the stories. You know everything! Well, almost." we laughed at the truth.

"Let's get you up and moving, then maybe we can go to your room and talk." Artis is the herbalist in training for our tribe.

"Um, do you mind if I come?" Seth asked Artis. "I can come too then, right?" Quil followed. "If you must!"she replied to them, a little
bit annoyed.

"Arty, they just want to keep us safe." I reminded her. "But your a wolf as well. Why would we need them in your room?" She asked me. "Back in England with the Potters and the Malfoys I have had people try to take me. I think they were working with the Valtori." I informed her. I had told the pack, Sam had even said that if he had not imprinted on Emily, he would be protecting me.

"Alsès left by the courts demands last time, I'm not letting her leave by any means this time!" Seth growled and Artis. "Seth, Arty has never heard Al's story!" Quil growled back. "BOYS!" Arty shouted. "Actually, Seth needed that, he should not have gotten in your face." I admitted. "HEY! Your supposed to be on my side!" Seth growled at me. "Seth, I'm my own creature I can take care of myself!" I growled back at him.

Jake walked upstairs to where we were, "will you guys stop acting like pups!? Little Regulus is trying to sleep, we got back later then we thought we were so he went to bed early".

"We are not pups, well I'm not." Artis replied calmly. "Pup!? I'm 119 years old! I'm not a pup anymore!" I yelled at my uncle Jacob. "Alsès, can you and your friends keep it down? I'm trying to sleep." Little Regulus said sleepily. Despite us calling him 'Little' Regulus, he is almost a year old, he looks about eight years old. Vampires! No, wolves!

"Speaking of sleep... Were do I sleep?" Seth asks turning to face Jake halfway through his sentence. "In one of the spare rooms. I don't think Killen would like to see a guy sleeping in her and her sister's bed!" Jake laughed out. "So do you want me to move into the room with Seth?" I asked Jacob.

"As long as I don't become a great uncle right away, I don't care." Jake said coolly. "Thank you uncle Regulus!" After I said that I kissed him on the cheek.

"I need to change into pajamas. I'm glad I don't have Alice down my throat about fashion or I would have a huge closet all to my self, instead of sharing one with Aly and Kills." I told Seth as I went into my room. "Seth, you can stay in here if you want; I can change in my bathroom." I said answering the question that was not even asked.

Artis knocked on my bedroom door, "Alsès, I still want to hang out with you for a few minutes or until dinner is ready" she said opening the door. "Sure, just let me put on my pajamas, it's cold in the house." I told Arty.

"Artis, do you mind if I'm in here? I won't listen to your guys conversation or anything. Promise." Seth told Arty. "If you don't listen then that's fine." She told him.

"So Al, how come Quil never told me that he imprinted on me?" Artis asked me. "You guys were together before he became a wolf. I guess it never occurred to him that his imprint would already be his girlfriend, and since you were already together he didn't see the need to tell you." I told her. "But Arty, that is just a guess. I mean if I was with a guy before I went wolf, and he was my imprint I wouldn't see the point in telling him; unless he thought I would leave him sooner or later." I finished off my thought.

"I guess you're right Al, thanks! I'm going to go talk to Quil, talk to you later!" And Arty's gone. "Well that was awkward!" Seth laughed out. "Be nice!" I said as I smacked his arm. "I just never thought that a wolf would have to explain another wolf's imprint story to said wolf's imprint." He told me. "I never thought of it that way. All I know is that the moment Quil turned 13, he had wanted to marry Artis. Wish I had luck like that..." I  stopped, kinda mid thought. "Alsès, I am going to marry you; I just want everything to be perfect. Okay?" I almost cried when Seth told me that. "Al please don't cry. I'm sorry if I upset you. Please Al I'll do anything to make it up to you!" Seth hugged me as tight as he could, I missed this in England.

"Seth? Do you love me?" I asked him. "What kind of question is that!? Of course I do! I imprinted on you!" Seth told me. "I have always loved you Alsès." Seth admitted.

"Dinner is ready!" Esme called up the stairs to the bedrooms for any missing kids. "Time for dinner." I laughed.

"I love you." I told Seth. "I love you too Loca, I love you too." He said in return. Seth then gave me a kiss on my forehead just before Arty knocked on the door again.

"Alsès, Seth, dinner is ready." She told us as she opened the door again.