Ch. 26: A Goodbye

(The next day in the mid morning)

Today is my great grandfather Ephraim Black's funeral. Then in a week I will be chief. I have only really been with him like five times. But if someone who was like me, had told him that I will be chief and Alpha. Then I must expect my destiny and play my role in this world as chief first, and Alpha second. I am so glad that I have Sam, Jake, and Quil to help me, well and of course Seth too.

"Hey sis, are you ready?" Alister asked me from the open bathroom door in mine and Seth's room. "Well I'm going to were my black tribal dress, but I don't know if I should go normal or 'human'?" I ended up asking him.

"Human, but remember they love you either way sis!" He replied kissing the side of my head exactly how our farther had everytime he saw me from 1901 to 1996. "I miss you Daddy!" I said just after Aly walked out of my room and I dropped to the floor crying!

"Al?... Alsès! What's wrong?" Jake asked as he ran in and found me crying on the bathroom floor. He must have been walking past my room. "Daddy." Was all I said. "He's safe Princess! Your safe!" He said as he picked me up and carried me out of my room. I guess my father didn't hear me or had Jake get because when I turned my head both daddy's and uncle Balefire's frames were empty.

"My Princess," I heard my father's voice say. "What's the matter baby ghoul?" He asked. "Daddy." Was my response. "Dead." Was the only other thing I could say. He didn't say anything else.

"If you children are going to go to Ephraim's funeral, then you should get going." I heard Carisle say as he entered the living room. "Yes of course Carisle, come on Blacks it's time to go into town. How far away is it Casper?" Jake asked him. "The funeral home is ten miles away from Charlie's. So add on five extra minutes."Cas told him as he looked through Forks in his mind.

"Al, can you tell me how long it should take to get there?" Jake asked me as he put me down beside him. "Okay, from Charlie's it looks like ten minutes so about fifteen minutes from here. The traffic may change though." I told Jake.

"You look amazing in that dress Alpha." Seth told me. "The last time I saw Grandpa Ephraim I had this on and he said that I look like a Native American princess. Well that, and it's the only dark dress I have here." I told him.

"Everyone to the cars! Alsès; you, Alister, Kristal, Seth-Lee, and Bunny are going with Seth. Ro, Cas, Zoey, Jay,  and Killen are coming with me. With Alice, Jane, Nessie, Regulus, and I think Jasper and Princess. Is that everyone?" Jake asked us.

So we did get there 20 minutes later, it took five minutes for everyone to get to the cars. When we got there I saw a few people I had never expected to see!

"Emma!? Killian!? What are you doing here!?" I said angrily. Then my other grandmother spoke, I guess I did notice my grandparents. "Well sweet Princess, we came to give you children our condolences, and your grandfather and I will be staying to see you become chief." Grandma Snow explained.

"Your grandfather invented the six of us." Grandpa David told me. "Six? I see five. Henry came with mum and dad, and there kids. Who is the sixth person?" I asked them. Then something scared me. "I am." The voice said. I turned around, "Ragena!" I gave her the biggest hug. "Hello my beautiful great granddaughter." She said as she kissed the top of my head.

"May I have everyone's attention, and have my children and grandchildren come on up?" Billy called. "That's my cue!" I said running up to the front.

"Now we are gathered here to celebrate Ephraim Black's life. Each of theses children who are standing up here, from my eldest daughter to my youngest grandchildren is an embodiment of my father and our chief." My grandfather Billy started.

"He was the best man I have ever met, and he taught me and my brother and our tribe all that he knew. Now I can not say that there is not one person here, that has not been changed by Ephraim Black in one way or another. The children up here who are standing with me all have his blood in their veins." He continued.

"Now as it is tradition, you may all say your final goodbyes to this great Quileute chief." He finished before aunt Rebecca wheeled him over. Then everyone else followed suit and gave there goodbyes. Maddy, Alister and I went last; my cousin held my hand the whole time.

"The Malfoy-Zabini family is here! Come on let's go see them!" I said as I ran towards my sister Daphne and my best friends (Kagay and Raven) and my cousin Draco. "Auntie Aly!" My niece Rosslynn said when she saw me. Ross is Daphne and Blaise's two year old crossbreed daughter.

"How's my favorite cousin?" Draco asked me as he let go of his god sister and wife Hermione's hand. "All of us are doing fine. It's the same as when your grandfather passed just before your mother was born." I told him.

"Now Alsès, that is not the way you talk to our farther!" I heard Hayley say. "Hayley, leave my team captain alone!" Piper told her twin sister. "You know, usually I don't mind being around your mucking around but right now I think your younger siblings are better. See ya!" I told my cousins as I walked over to my littlest brother Albus and our four other Malfoy cousins (Scorpious, Sealla, Jazzy, and Dayon).

"Hey Al! I'm sorry about our grandfather." Scorp said. "It's fine dude! God told him that it was his time to go home." I replied to my young cousin. "Alsès, look at what Albus got me for my birthday last week!" Sealla said holding out her wrist that now has a green Slytherin bracelet around it. "It's beautiful Sea! SHOOT! Happy belated birthday you two! I'm so sorry I forgot." I apologized to my cousins.

After about half an hour we laid down my great grandfather and made a ring of rocks around him. Then my grandfather Billy, had his children, Henry and myself take a torch and set him on fire. After that, it was all too real! Most of us were crying.

"Goodbye grandfather Ephraim, you will be missed!" I said as Jacob pulled me into a hug and Seth put a hand on my shoulder.